"It is looking as if as that system deepens, we might see some snow over the hills of the Pennines and North Wales", Mr West said.
Monday will feature more clouds than sunshine across the state and the day could even start with some morning fog in Denver and on the eastern plains.
Gales and snow caused disruption and battered parts of the country as winds of up to 65mph swept through southern parts of England over the weekend. "At lower-levels, any accumulations of snow will tend to be quite small and patchy in nature with most areas not seeing any snow settling".
The weather warning will be in effect right through Sunday from 4am in the morning until midnight.
Turkey brushes off USA warning over S-400 Russian missile purchase
Some have said the United States is concerned that the S-400 poses security risks to the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter project. Ankara is slated to receive the S-400 later this year in hopes of making the system ready for use by 2020.
The Met Office say: "An area of rain is likely to turn to snow over a central swathe of the United Kingdom early on Sunday".
Powerful waves are also expected to batter coastal routes.
After a slight reprieve in conditions expected on Monday, the wild weather is expected to make a return towards the middle of the week.
Met Eireann has issued a Status Yellow snow-ice warning for the full country.
Rotten Tomatoes: Super-Woke 'Captain Marvel' Trashed by Audience, Praised by Critics
It's not necessarily their best origin film to date, but it was one of the most enjoyable rides I had with an MCU movie. The film has its flaws like the character herself, but she is a suitable role model for female fans of superhero genre.
Warnings will be in place between 3pm on Tuesday and 3pm on Wednesday.
Only the south of England escapes the warning.
"We've got bands of sleet and snow pushing eastwards through the morning, and this will clear to heavy showers through the day".
It will feel cold at times, especially in the wind.
Cabrera Bello 2 clear at Arnold Palmer Invitational
His lone bogey came at the 10th, but he bounced back with four birdies over his next five to help close out a stellar round. South African Ernie Els (75) and world number three Brooks Koepka (73) also missed the cut.
- Second patient believed to be cured of AIDS
- Buffalo Bills Out Of Antonio Brown Trade Sweepstakes
- Manchester United suffer first domestic defeat under Ole Gunnar Solskjaer
- Met Eireann issued yellow snow and ice warning for entire country
- Only Lok Sabha polls in Jammu and Kashmir
- Cohen files lawsuit to recoup legal costs
- Woman Attacked By Zoo Animal After Climbing Into Cage For Selfie
- Trump watched Pats with founder of spa where Kraft was busted
- Gayle King Says Azriel Clary's 'Terrified' Parents Called Her About Their Daughter
- Chelsea vs Wolves preview | Latest team news | Expected line-ups | Prediction