But United executive chairman Ed Woodward will force Mourinho to stick to the terms of the departure agreement after being stung for £15m when United appointed him in 2016.
Jose Mourinho might have had a pretty miserable end to his 2018 but he could soon be back in charge of one of the biggest clubs in the world if rumours are to be believed.
Transfer: Sarri speaks on Morata leaving Chelsea
Maurizio Sarri has revealed his belief that Chelsea need to sign two players this January, but stopped short of confirming which positions he would be looking to strengthen.
The Ex-Man United manager then said that if indeed that was the case, Benfica would have been the first to spread the news.
United's signing of Mourinho activated that clause, with the payment written off in United's transfer accounts.
The sacked-Manchester United boss, 55, is set to appear on screen for the first time since his firing as an analyst at the Asian Cup.
Pompeo: 'If we have to, we will strike Syria'
Trump withdrew the USA from the Iran nuclear deal, known formally as the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA), in May 2018. It is yet unclear whether the US withdrawal will happen, right now it appears that it has been slowed, possibly to a standstill.
"Who would not like to have Mourinho?" he said.
Mourinho has also ruled himself out of the vacant job at Benfica, saying he has no intention of coaching in his native Portugal for the time being.
"If any professional - a manager or a player - is wanted by a former club, it means we did something positive", he told Correo da Manha, as quoted by ESPN. Today, I am not an option for Benfica, nothing more than that.' Benfica coach Rui Vitoria left the club by mutual consent last Thursday.
Apple makes shock sales warning as US-China trade war hits
According to Cook, all of those factors (plus some others) resulted in fewer iPhone upgrades than expected . Furthermore, Cook conceded that the revenue from iPhone sales was lower than anticipated.
The good news is that Jose Mourinho will be kept in curried quail eggs, fine Egyptian silks and After Eights for the time being having already received his full severance pay-out from Manchester United. "I don't really want to go there, but the best way to respect a great club [Benfica] and a great president is to say that I was not offered", he said.
- Samsung to launch Galaxy S10 and foldable phones on February 20
- Timberwolves fire Tom Thibodeau, may want Fred Hoiberg
- DR Congo Government Concedes Defeat in Election But Opposition Still Cry Foul
- National champion Clemson preseason favorite already for next season
- National Football League divisional playoffs Day 2 open thread
- Lakers' Luke Walton Not In Danger of Losing Job
- 'Bird Box' challenge to blame for vehicle wreck in Utah, police say
- Verizon Hum picks up Google Assistant integration for your auto
- Kidnapper was trying to hunt Jayme Closs down after her escape: cops
- Woman dies after getting trapped inside clothes donation box in Toronto