"They are hungry to get back to the postseason and win". The contract has a club option for a third season.
An 11-year veteran and 2011 All-Star, Robertson has appeared in at least 60 games in nine straight seasons, and the right-hander could compete for the closer's role in Philadelphia, which hasn't made the playoffs since 2011. "They've put together a great squad and I think I can bring a lot to the team in the back end of their bullpen".
Last season with the Yankees, Robertson posted a 3.23 ERA with 91 strikeouts in 69.2 innings pitched.
Incoming Sen. Romney criticizes President Trump's character in op-ed
Romney argued in the Washington Post on Tuesday that Trump hasn't risen to the mantle of the presidency. "I hope not", he wrote. Romney appeared on CNN later Wednesday and laid out the role he will play as a sometimes-Trump critic, if necessary.
The Phillies bolstered their bullpen, signing one of the most consistent relievers in the game Thursday. The Phillies can buy out the option for $2 million, meaning Robertson is guaranteed $23 million over the next two years.
He is 33 and was outstanding in 2018 as a set-up man for the New York Yankees.
South Africa win second Test, clinch series
Pakistan are bolstered by the return of pacer Mohammad Abbas, who missed the first Test with a shoulder injury. They did so for the loss of Theunis de Bruyn, caught behind for four, while Hashim Amla retired hurt for two.
LeBron James leads pack in early All-Star voting
Every voter submits a ballot with two guards and three frontcourt players from each conference to determine the starters. A playground-style draft in which the two captains pick their side will be televised this year.
- NASA's New Horizons: 'Snowman' shape of distant Ultima Thule revealed
- Australia vs India - 4th Test Match Preview & Prediction
- Trump turns to 'Game of Thrones' to push for border wall
- Trump digs in on wall, as shutdown enters week three
- Man charged with murder in death of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes
- Microsoft’s Latest Windows 10 Build Pushes For A Password-less Future
- Bottrop, Germany attack: Man drives Mercedes into foreigners
- Phillies in Process of Setting Up Meeting With Bryce Harper
- Trump 'orders U.S. troops to slow down Syria withdrawal'
- Flu season underway, not too late to get your flu shot