Nightengale said that rival teams believe that Philadelphia will offer the most for both free agents.
Next week's meeting appears to be the first face-to-face between Harper and members of the Phillies brass since Harper hit the open market.
Yankees, Troy Tulowitzki Agree Upon Minimum Deal
In the end, though, Tulowitzki represents a low-risk, high-reward move by a team with strong designs on the World Series. On Instagram, Machado's official account just started following the YES Network, which is the Yankees' flagship station.
However, reports have surfaced that the Nationals have remained in the Harper sweepstakes, even though it was reported that they had made their final offer - 10 years, $300 million - at the end of the regular season.
If any Sox fans have been paying attention this offseason, it appears that many writers that cover Major League Baseball aren't fond of the idea of either Harper or Machado playing on the south side. However, the 26-year-old infielder has long held a desire to one day play for the New York Yankees.
So what would a Yankees offer to Machado look like? Contract estimates have hovered around 10 years, $350-$400 million, depending on who you ask.
Australia vs India - 4th Test Match Preview & Prediction
This meant that old friends Mayank Agarwal and Rahul would be back in harness together once more, this time at the global level. Answers to these and more as Cricket Analyst, Mr Ashutosh Paibhale discusses the Sydney Test in detail.
The White Sox might find themselves "relatively close" to the Dodgers in the competition for Harper, that is if they don't want to go past seven years and if the Dodgers have no interest in a big, decade-long pact. The only winning team with a clear path to Harper is the Dodgers after they traded away Matt Kemp and Yasiel Puig. For the White Sox to do that and not go past seven years, the contract would have to pay Harper an average salary of almost $47 million. Apparently that hasn't been their only offer. The Athletic's Jim Bowden tweeted last night that the Nationals latest offer to Harper was actually "much more" than the $300MM commonly quoted. But they'll likely have to give him more than $300 million.
Chicago has not yet made a formal offer to Harper but the club has been in "constant contact" with his reps and met with Harper, his wife, and his agent Scott Boras in Las Vegas six weeks ago.
Incoming Sen. Romney criticizes President Trump's character in op-ed
Romney argued in the Washington Post on Tuesday that Trump hasn't risen to the mantle of the presidency. "I hope not", he wrote. Romney appeared on CNN later Wednesday and laid out the role he will play as a sometimes-Trump critic, if necessary.
- Ellen DeGeneres Makes Pitch for Kevin Hart to Reconsider Hosting Oscars
- Bottrop, Germany attack: Man drives Mercedes into foreigners
- Finch likely to stay as opener for Sydney Test despite consistent failures
- Escape room fire kills five teenagers in Poland
- Heil Heavens? NASA Gives Far-Off Space Object Nazi-Friendly Name
- Microsoft’s Latest Windows 10 Build Pushes For A Password-less Future
- "Can't Beat Market Forever": Analyst On Apple's Trillion-Dollar Question
- Kawhi Leonard blames media for fans relentless boos, ‘traitor' chants
- LeBron James leads pack in early All-Star voting
- Browns' Baker Mayfield breaks National Football League record for touchdown passes by a rookie