In addition, the Rockets have the league's best record since Harden's scoring streak began on December 11.
To go along with the 40.1 points per game, Harden is averaging 9.0 assists and 6.6 rebounds.
South Africa win second Test, clinch series
Pakistan are bolstered by the return of pacer Mohammad Abbas, who missed the first Test with a shoulder injury. They did so for the loss of Theunis de Bruyn, caught behind for four, while Hashim Amla retired hurt for two.
The six-time All-Star forced the extra period with a 30-foot step-back jumper and sealed a sixth straight win for the Rockets by making a heavily contested effort from beyond the arc with 2.7 seconds remaining in OT.
Harden is tied with Hakeem Olajuwon for the most player of the month awards in franchise history, team officials said. Harden's play has been the definitive reason for the turn around, and in Thursday night's win over the defending champions, it was abundantly clear why.
Man charged with murder in death of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes
Of note, at the time of the 7.30am shooting, the killer was initially described as being a middle-aged white man by the family. The Harris County Sheriff's Office tweeted Saturday night that the investigation had " taken a new direction".
Harden won his first MVP and helped lead Houston to within one game of an NBA Finals appearance last season. Harden's 8.6 assists per game are good for fourth in the National Basketball Association. According to Tas Melas of The Starters, it's something we've never seen before, not even from Curry or Thompson. Kevin Durant (26 points) missed a 3-pointer at the end. Among the NBA's all-time leading scorers, Harden's career 23.5 ppg scoring average ranks 21st and his 16,951 points ranks 96th.
Forty points in five straight puts Harden in elite company with Wilt Chamberlain, Michael Jordan, Elgin Baylor, Kobe Bryant, and Allen Iverson also accomplishing the feat.
Microsoft’s Latest Windows 10 Build Pushes For A Password-less Future
At that point, they can use Windows Hello Face, Fingerprint, or a PIN to sign in to Windows 10, with no password required. This is handy, because right now Windows 10 19H1 is somewhat light on whizzbang features and heavy on fit and finish.
While Harden is well aware of his prowess, he wishes pundits and fans would stop focusing on one of the underlying reasons for his gaudy point totals - the frequency with which referees reward him with trips to the free-throw line. He's just kicked it up a notch since Chris Paul was ruled out indefinitely with a hamstring injury.
- Trump turns to 'Game of Thrones' to push for border wall
- "Can't Beat Market Forever": Analyst On Apple's Trillion-Dollar Question
- Browns' Baker Mayfield breaks National Football League record for touchdown passes by a rookie
- Finch likely to stay as opener for Sydney Test despite consistent failures
- Netflix warns against doing 'Bird Box' meme challenge
- Escape room fire kills five teenagers in Poland
- Bottrop, Germany attack: Man drives Mercedes into foreigners
- Trump warns US government shutdown could last a 'long time'
- Manchester City hands Liverpool first loss of Premier League season
- Shutdown Means IRS Will Collect Your Taxes But Not Pay Refunds