Firefighters believe the girls who died at the site in Poland could have survived if there had been a proper evacuation route in place.
An escape room is where a group of people are locked inside and try to find a way out by searching for clues as part of a game.
Five teenage girls have been killed in a horrific blaze that broke out in an escape room.
In the United Kingdom, the number of escape rooms has soared from just seven in 2013 to more than 1,000 as of a year ago.
Bottrop, Germany attack: Man drives Mercedes into foreigners
Earlier the driver had steered his vehicle at another pedestrian, who managed to escape unharmed, according to the statement. Police fatally shot the 48-year-old man, who they said was mentally ill and had wanted to commit suicide.
Koszalin prosecutor Ryszard Gasiorowski said a leak in a bottled gas heating system probably fueled the fire.
Four of the five young victims were last night named in local news reports social media as Karolina Barabas, Wiktoria Julia Pietras, Gosia Tymieniecka and Amelia Wieczorek.
Police spokeswoman Monika Kosiec said the fire was in a room near where the girls were celebrating a birthday party. Regarded as an intellectual challenge, the games are highly popular among teenagers in Poland.
A fire engine at the scene of the tragic escape room fire.
Man charged with murder in death of 7-year-old Jazmine Barnes
Of note, at the time of the 7.30am shooting, the killer was initially described as being a middle-aged white man by the family. The Harris County Sheriff's Office tweeted Saturday night that the investigation had " taken a new direction".
Investigators are probing whether poor electrical wiring and lax security procedures are to blame.
A spokesman for local firefighters, Tomasz Kubiak, said the units responding to the blaze had to use specialized equipment and force their way into the "Escape Room".
Since Friday, more than 200 of Poland's 1100 escape rooms have been checked, revealing a number of safety flaws that needed to be immediately fixed.
Prime Minister Mateusz Morawiecki, along with Suski and Szymczyk, spoke after holding a meeting in which they discussed with other officials ways of improving safety at entertainment venues.
Trump 'orders U.S. troops to slow down Syria withdrawal'
The US-led coalition launched its first raids against IS in September, 2014, more than two years before Trump won the US election. Though much reduced, and forced into hiding, it is still believed to comprise thousands of guerrillas.
Koszalin Mayor Piotr Jedlinski announced that Sunday would a day or mourning in the city.
- Sideline Photo Of Baltimore Ravens QB Joe Flacco Is Brutal
- Trump warns US government shutdown could last a 'long time'
- Kawhi Leonard blames media for fans relentless boos, ‘traitor' chants
- Sarri hints at the need for Chelsea to sign attackers in January
- Shutdown Means IRS Will Collect Your Taxes But Not Pay Refunds
- Manchester City hands Liverpool first loss of Premier League season
- Australia vs India - 4th Test Match Preview & Prediction
- Browns' Baker Mayfield breaks National Football League record for touchdown passes by a rookie
- Netflix warns against doing 'Bird Box' meme challenge
- Trump turns to 'Game of Thrones' to push for border wall