The holidays got creepy quick when Netflix released Bird Box, a Sandra Bullock horror film that imagines a world where everyone has to go around wearing blindfolds to protect themselves from a killer force.
Several people took to social media to partake in the "Bird Box" challenge, which requires people to doing everyday tasks blindfolded like Bullock's character in the movie.
It's a toss up whether you loved Netflix's latest thriller Bird Box, but the internet can admit that the memes the movie inspired were spot on.
Tesla Shares Nose-Dive Despite Record-Breaking Q4 Production Numbers
Tesla's own internal tracking shows its deliveries were in line with or above estimates, spokesman Dave Arnold told reporters. Still, James Albertine, an analyst at Consumer Edge Research, said Wednesday's selloff represented an overreaction.
Needless to say, there are a lot of fails. Now Netflix wants them to chill. Tons of memes have been made about the movie, and now people are taking it to the next level and actually blindfolding themselves in real life to act of the plot at home.
While some attempts have been unsafe - including one where a boy appears to fall down the stairs of a subway entrance - many have also been harmless imitation of scenes from the film.
Women form human chain in Mumbai to support Kerala 'Women's Wall'
An official from India's ruling party, the nationalist Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), called for a counter-protest. Menstruation is rarely discussed openly in India and menstrual blood is considered impure by many communities.
Warning: This post contains spoilers for Bird Box.
Fortunately, no injury has occurred as a result of the "Bird Box Challenge".
Perhaps anxious about potential lawsuits, Netflix has taken to Twitter to issue a warning advising people not to hurt themselves while undertaking the "Bird Box Challenge", which is - allegedly - the latest internet craze now making the rounds on social media.
Twitter reacts to Mike Tomlin's explanation of the Antonio Brown mess
Asked Wednesday if he thought Brown quit on the Steelers, Tomlin responded that "you can call it what you want to call it". The report stated Brown became "disgusted" during practice and threw a football in the direction of Roethlisberger.
- Vladimir Putin sends New Year greetings to Indian leaders
- Border agents fire tear gas at migrants attempting to cross border illegally
- Driver plows through crowds on Tokyo's Takeshita street, injuring nine
- Winning Numbers Drawn For $425 Million Mega Millions Jackpot
- Lady Gaga Kicks Off Las Vegas Residency With Star-Studded Affair
- Top Dem Jeffries Defends Sanctuary Policies in Wake of Officer Death
- Australia vs India - 4th Test Match Preview & Prediction
- Trump warns US government shutdown could last a 'long time'
- Unpacking Netflix's "Bird Box" Numbers
- Trump Invites Congressional Leaders For Talks As Shutdown Continues