Social media lit up on Thursday night, just like the sky over New York City.
Vision of the light show flooded social media, with residents taking to Twitter to broadcast what they were seeing out their windows.
"At first I thought the aliens have arrived on earth but nope it has been confirmed to be a power plant transformer by multiple sources".
Melbourne Test: India 215/2 at stumps against Australia
The opening day of the third test match between India and Australia at the MCG has undoubtedly belonged to the visitors so far. Agarwal's 76 helped India to 215-2 at stumps on the first day of the third test in a heated series tied at 1-all.
The fire, which has since been brought under control, caused a power outage in the area and also affected flights out of LaGuardia Airport.
The NYPD eventually confirmed that there was no alien activity either in Queens or the Bronx and that the explosion was not the result of suspicious activity. Con Ed referred to the incident as a "brief electrical fire" and said the cause is under investigation.
Americans have been baffled by a mysterious blue light that illuminated the night sky in New York City.
Chiefs fall to 0-2 when trying to clinch AFC's top seed
Baldwin's bobbling one-hander figures be part of highlight reels for years to come. "The coaching staff told us before we took. The Seahawks beat the Kansas City Chiefs 38-31 in a game that came down to an onside kick in the final two minutes.
New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio said in a message on Twitter no one was injured and that Con Edison was evaluating the extent of power outages in the area.
Deputy Inspector Benjamin Gurley of NYPD's 43rd Precinct quickly assured residents that there were no aliens involved in the incident, and the Fire Department of NY said in a tweet that the situation was under control. The MTA has power, "but there are delays on the 7 train", he tweeted.
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said crews were working to fully restore power "as soon as possible", but he did not offer a timeline.
Zero Weekend Box Office | Shah Rukh Khan | Anand L. Rai | #TutejaTalks
Directed by Anand L Rai, the multi-starrer film Zero has survived on the box office so far despite negative reviews. Day 6 (Wednesday) and Day 7 (Thursday) business crucial. " Zero witnessed growth on Day 5 (Christmas)".
- Australian commentators insult Mayank Agarwal on his debut
- Did Trump Just Ruin Christmas for One 7-year-old Child?
- Turkey says it's coordinating entry into Syria with U.S.
- Media bashes Trump for 'doxxing' Navy Seals & troops for MAGA hats
- US says 2nd Guatemalan child has died in immigration custody
- Arsenal boss Unai Emery admits January transfers will be hard
- Russian weapon 27 times faster than speed of sound
- US oil prices extend gains as equities rise, but economic worries weigh
- Trump digs in on the wall and the shutdown
- United States president Donald Trump defends Syria pullout, expresses unhappiness with Afghan deployment