The 31-year-old Jones also tested positive for benzoylecgonine, the primary metabolite of cocaine, in the lead up to UFC 182 that took place in January 2015.
"Both USADA and worldwide anti-doping experts told us this was not a reingestion of a prohibited substance".
That left his light-heavyweight title fight against Alexander Gustafsson in limbo, until the UFC took the shock decision to move the UFC 232 card to California; with the California State Athletic Commission saying that it would allow the bout to proceed. Jones was first flagged for performance-enhancing drug usage leading up to the second fight against Cormier, and then tested positive for turinabol after defeating Cormier for the second time.
Trump Foundation to shut down amid lawsuit
The other portrait, purchased with $10,000 in foundation money in 2014, is now worth $500, the filing states. The most recent tax return filed by the foundation listed its net assets at slightly more than $1.7 million.
UFC President Dana White outlined that despite Jones being unable to obtain a licence the 22-1 light-heavyweight didn't actually do anything wrong in this instance.
"Today, Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) executive director Bob Bennett announced that, in consultation with NSAC commission chair Anthony Marnell III, unarmed combatant Jon Jones will be allowed to withdraw his pending application for licensure, which was meant to clear him to fight in a major contest in Nevada later this month", reads NSAC's statement.
- Due to an abnormal drug test, the UFC has moved Saturday's planned UFC 232 event from Las Vegas to Los Angeles, as the Nevada Athletic Commission will not license main event fighter Jon Jones. "They were the ones dealing with this and they have all the history with him". "He's in fight shape, and I believe that he's been doing the right thing". Jon Jones has got his life together.
Panthers reportedly expected to shut Cam Newton down for season
Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports that the Panthers are planning to sit Newton for Sunday's game against the Atlanta Falcons . Heinicke's background with offensive coordinator Norv Turner (in Minnesota) was the reason they held onto him this year.
Jones' long-time foe Daniel Cormier was incensed by the findings. And I didn't respond I'm not helping you sell your bum a- fight you drug abusing steroid cheat.
The commission found the results after 18 months of drug testing conducted on Jones. That could be because they'll be trying to make a Jones-Cormier rematch a reality - even though neither fighter has indicated they're interested in trying that matchup again - before Cormier retires or what, but they want this fight to happen on the December 29 card and will make that happen by moving the entire card to L.A.
Turkey pursues freedom of Arabs, Kurds in Syria: Erdogan
To another gathering of Marines, the general said, "I don't think anybody really knows exactly what's going to happen". Some might be relieved to see him go if they are now freer to push publicly for their agendas, the official said.
- In Rare Statement, Mitch McConnell Says He's 'Distressed' Over Jim Mattis' Resignation
- What is in the Bi-Partisan Criminal Justice Reform Bill?
- USA stocks claw back some of their big losses; oil slides
- Luis Gutierrez: Trump's border policies would have killed Jesus
- United Kingdom and U.S. accuse China of extensive and 'unrelenting' global hacking campaign
- Judge Declines to Throw Out Harvey Weinstein Criminal Case
- Trump will not sign spending bill without wall funding, after conservatives fought
- Dreaming of a white Christmas? It’s snow go this year, sadly
- Sarri: I never expected Chelsea to challenge for Premier League title
- North Korea says it won't give up nukes until USA does