Don't expect Bailey to be with the Dodgers long-term. He has one year left on his contract and is owed $28 million.
McConnell Confident That A Government Shutdown Will Be Averted
Congress faces a partial government shutdown if a deal is not reached on the amount of funding for border security by Friday . US President Donald Trump listens to remarks at a roundtable discussion at the White House in Washington , US Tuesday.
The trade will open up room under the luxury-tax threshold for the Dodgers.
The deal gives Los Angeles a couple of prospects and a couple of slots to fill. There is also the added layer of the club potentially pursuing Bryce Harper in free agency. Recent draft picks both, they ranked among Cincinnati's better prospects and will infuse the Dodgers system with young talent. He quickly became a fan favorite while helping Los Angeles to a pair of NL pennants, despite his overall rocky relationship with the team. He was entering the final year on a six-year, $105 million deal.
Wood, who turns 28 next month, went 9-7 with a 3.68 ERA in 33 appearances (27 starts) last season after winning a career-high 16 games in 2017.
Quad Cities gun owners, range owner react to bump stock ban
Bump stocks were made notorious by the October 1, 2017, mass shooting in Las Vegas, the deadliest in U.S. history to date. However, opposition from the National Rifle Association prevented a law being passed by Congress.
Wood is expected to be a starter in Cincinnati, according to MLB.com's Jon Morosi.
Or, maybe Harper lands the very big deal with LA and takes backloaded money with smaller annual salaries in the first couple years. This marks the fourth time he's been traded since signing that deal.
If the Dodgers break the bank on a free agent this offseason, that would go against their leaked financial plans, not to mention management's history of not paying out major free agent deals.
In Rare Statement, Mitch McConnell Says He's 'Distressed' Over Jim Mattis' Resignation
Another noteworthy fact: Mattis resigned, never using the word "retire" in his letter. McConnell's statement is a rare public expression of disagreement with Trump.
Profar, who hit 20 homers while playing all four infield positions with Texas last season, was dealt to Oakland; the Rays acquired right-hander Rollie Lacy from the Rangers and right-hander Emilio Pagan and a 2019 draft pick from the A's; and the Rangers received four prospects from Tampa Bay and Oakland, plus $750,000 in worldwide slot compensation from the A's.
- Facebook responds to claims that it shared users' private messages
- North Korea says it won't give up nukes until USA does
- Galaxy S10 will be able to charge other smartphones wirelessly
- Apple confirms that some 2018 iPad Pros are slightly bent
- United Kingdom and U.S. accuse China of extensive and 'unrelenting' global hacking campaign
- Jürgen Klopp praises Liverpool’s maturity after victory at Wolves
- James Harden pops off 50-point triple-double as Rockets club Lakers
- Ole Gunnar Solskjær reacts to becoming Manchester United interim manager
- Smash Bros. Ultimate has sold over 3M copies in the U.S.
- Huawei Asks Govt For Security Threat Proof