But the major highlight of the day was the emergence of lesser known Indian players earning big in the auction.
Indian Test player Hanuma Vihari was sold to Delhi Capitals for Rs two crore, four times his base price.
Trump Mocks at Fed's New Possible Interest Rate Hike, Calls It 'Incredible'
The US central bank is expected to raise interest rates by 0.25 to a range of 2.25-2.5 per cent - the highest level in a decade. This means the Fed will raise rates by 25 basis points and indicate that going forward, the policy will be data-dependent.
While England all-rounder Sam Curran (₹7.2 crore, Kings XI Punjab) and South Africa batsman Colin Ingram (₹6.4 crore, Delhi Capitals) emerged as top draws among the overseas players, West Indies T20 captain Carlos Brathwaite (₹5 crore, Kolkata Knight Riders) lad the pack of six West Indies players who were signed. There were many ups and downs with stars like Brendon McCullum, Dale Steyn getting unsold whereas new entrants like Nicholas Pooran and Shimron Hetmyer were sold to Sunrisers Hyderabad and RCB for Rs 4.20 crore respectively.
Mumbai Indians paid Rs one crore for Yuvraj Singh in a last-minute buy and franchise owner Akash Ambai called it their biggest steal in the tournament's 11-year-old history. Varun and Mumbai all-rounder Shivam Dube were expected to be top draws before the auction began.
Having retained the bulk of their side, defending champions Chennai Super Kings hardly required any fresh faces after regaining Mohit Sharma for Rs 5 crore.
Penny Marshall, star of 'Laverne & Shirley,' dies
Marshall also directed the sports classic film 'A League of Their Own , ' that featured her daughter own daughter, Tracy. Her gift for physical comedy helped earn her accolades, including three Golden Globe nominations.
In 2014, Royal Challengers Bangalore had bought him for a record price of INR 14 crore.
Rajasthan Royals has splurged a whopping Rs 8.40 crore to buy back India discard left-arm pacer Jaydev Unadkat in the Indian Premier League (IPL) auction.
Besides Pujara, the other notable Indian names to miss out in the auction include Naman Ojha, R.Vinay Kumar, Parvez Rasool, Baba Indrajith, Sheldon Jackson, Sachin Baby and Manoj Tiwary.
McConnell Confident That A Government Shutdown Will Be Averted
Congress faces a partial government shutdown if a deal is not reached on the amount of funding for border security by Friday . US President Donald Trump listens to remarks at a roundtable discussion at the White House in Washington , US Tuesday.
- Philippines contestant Catriona Gray named Miss Universe
- Official says US to withdraw all American troops in Syria
- English teams face German opposition in Champions League
- Theresa May denies looming possibility of second Brexit referendum
- U.S. Attorney in Manhattan launches criminal probe of Trump inaugural committee
- India lose second test against Australia at Perth by 146 runs
- Facebook responds to claims that it shared users' private messages
- Russian information ops targeted minorities in 2016 election cycle
- Trump Directed Hush Money Payments, Knew It Was Wrong, Alleges Ex-Lawyer
- Washington careens towards government shutdown with no deal in sight