The latest that will join the list of products Google has killed seems like Hangouts, a fairly popular messaging app.
According to a source familiar with Hangouts' roadmap (courtesy of 9To5Google), the service will be shutting down for good in 2020.
Hangouts was launched as a replacement for Gchat in 2013 by the tech titan but has been losing features in recent years as the company has stopped updating the app and taken away SMS messaging.
First Lady in Virginia for opioid town hall discussion at Liberty University
The First Lady defended her choice of decor when speaking at Liberty University in Lynchburg, Virginia on Wednesday. As the crowd erupted in applause, Trump added: "In real life, they look even more attractive ".
As the Verge noted at the time, the move made sense considering the significant number of chat apps under the Google umbrella, including Google Duo, Android Messages, and Google Allo. Earlier this year, it opened up both Meet and Chat to all Google account holders. In a way, everything that Google learned from developing and launching Hangouts is now a part of Allo and Duos DNA.
That included Google Talk, which was more focused on enterprise users, and Google+ Messenger, the service formerly known as Huddle.
Former U.S. President George H.W. Bush dies at 94
He then celebrated his birthday on June 12 - making history by becoming the first former president to reach the age of 94. In his later years he developed a form of Parkinson's disease and used a motorised scooter or a wheelchair for mobility.
Regardless of your choice, the reality is stark: Hangouts Classic - as Google now wants to call it - is garbage, and if it does eventually make way for better products, well that can't happen soon enough.
With Hangouts now being used for business purposes and Chat being developed for consumer use, the regular Hangouts app no longer serves any real objective.
With Hangouts still integrated into some of Google's core products (e.g. on-demand video conferencing linked to Calendar events), it's likely that consumers will still find a use for Hangouts going forward.
Trump appears to snub high-fiving Putin and Saudi prince at G20
Meanwhile Russian President Vladimir Putin and Prince Mohammed shared a smiley, enthusiastic greeting at the gathering. Macron responded: 'I am anxious ...
- Texas A+M Outlasted LSU In A Record-Setting Seven Overtime Thriller
- Gene-editing scientist under scrutiny by Chinese officials
- Chiefs' Kareem Hunt Seen Pushing, Kicking Woman In Hotel Surveillance Video
- Tito Ortiz Drops Chuck Liddell in 1st-Round Knockout
- Republican Cindy Hyde-Smith wins Mississippi Senate race after joking about lynching
- Ariana Grande fangirls after Jennifer Garner's praise of Thank U, Next
- Trump believes 'good possibility' of China trade deal: advisor
- Powell defends Fed charge hikes amid Trump onslaught
- Ukraine bars entry to Russian males, upping ante in conflict
- Massive Australian cow almost as tall as Michael Jordan goes viral