President George H.W. Bush, 94, passed away late Friday night.
His eldest son, George W Bush, went on to become the 43rd United States president.
In January 1945 he married Barbara Pierce, with whom he went on to have six children - George, Robin (who died as a child), John (also known as Jeb), Neil, Marvin, and Dorothy.
In a statement, George W Bush described his father "as a man of the highest character and the best dad a son or daughter could ask for".
In April, he was admitted to a hospital intensive care unit with an infection, a week after the death of his wife Barbara.
Only one other USA president, John Adams, had a son who also became president. The Republican was defeated in his bid for a second term by Democrat Bill Clinton. He then celebrated his birthday on June 12 - making history by becoming the first former president to reach the age of 94.
Lion Air pilots battled doomed jet's computerized safety system, black box shows
When they reached Jakarta that night, they logged various problems with the plane, but didn't say the shaker had been activated. He explained that the AoA unit that was installed in the ill-fated airplane had previously been fixed by Boeing in Florida.
In February 2011, then President Barack Obama awarded Bush the highest U.S. civilian honor, the Medal of Freedom.
President Bush, a World War II naval pilot and Texas oil tycoon, was announced dead in a statement by his office.
In his later years he developed a form of Parkinson's disease and used a motorised scooter or a wheelchair for mobility.
Pacers’ Victor Oladipo out indefinitely with knee soreness
They've seen this plenty of times over the years, and they're still not insane about it. James' Miami Heat also sent in home in three consecutive postseasons from 2012-14.
The elder Bush, a Republican like his sons, also served as vice president for eight years during Ronald Reagan's two terms as president, before being elected to the White House himself.
Chiefs' Kareem Hunt Seen Pushing, Kicking Woman In Hotel Surveillance Video
It should be noted that Hunt was also involved in a separate incident in June at a resort in OH where he allegedly punched a man. Albright tweeted that both the Chiefs and the league were aware of the existence of the video that TMZ ultimately made public.
- Massive Australian cow almost as tall as Michael Jordan goes viral
- The oil price is updated at least October 2017
- Giuliani calls Cohen 'proven liar' after plea
- Auto tariffs being considered after GM layoff plans
- Trump believes 'good possibility' of China trade deal: advisor
- Trump says he expects to raise tariffs on China
- Republican Cindy Hyde-Smith wins Mississippi Senate race after joking about lynching
- MLB Asks Cindy Hyde-Smith Campaign To Return $5,000 Donation
- Trump rejects findings of U.S. government climate change report
- Ukraine bars entry to Russian males, upping ante in conflict