Movie theater attendance was up overall the last few days, with this particular weekend (42nd of the year) posting record-breaking ticket sales of about 18.2 million, the highest on record (that is, since 1982).
October's box office receipts continue to impress as "Venom" and "A Star Is Born" deliver healthy numbers in their third outings.
Khashoggi warns in last column of free rein to silence media
While it is not immediately clear whether the search revealed anything, investigators were seen carrying away bags and boxes. Turkish officials say they have audio and video recordings that show Mr Khashoggi being murdered by a team of Saudi agents.
With a staggering, $77.5 million debut, Universal and Blumhouse's Halloween topped the weekend with the second largest October opening weekend of all-time.
In 1978, John Carpenter first unleashed the faceless killer Michael Myers on an unsuspecting population of precocious teenagers, giving rise to the slasher genre and changing the horror landscape forever.
The daughter of legendary Hollywood stars Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh said she stole pills from family and friends, including her sister Kelly. Over the weekend the film opened to a massive $75M haul making it the biggest opening for any Halloween film ever.
Saudi arrests over Jamal Khashoggi death 'a good first step'
U.S. president Donald Trump said he thought Saudi Arabia's explanation was credible, but that what happened was "unacceptable". They said the "hypotheses" proposed so far in the Saudi investigation need to be backed by facts to be considered credible.
Speaking with Entertainment Weekly, Curtis shared one of her biggest regrets with the franchise had something to do with another milestone film in the series, Halloween: H20, or Halloween: 20 Years Later.
"It was the biggest opening for any movie with a woman over 55", she said.
Jaime Lee Curtis, who returned to the iconic role of scream queen Laurie Strode after starring in the original 40 years ago (not counting the three other sequels she appeared in before), took to Twitter to celebrate and added the hashtag #WomenGetThingsDone.
Ronaldo replies Isco's comments about Real Madrid not missing him
However, that run of 23 years ago extended to 495 minutes, and remains the longest in Madrid's 116-year history. I won trophies here - cups, leagues, Champions League.
In fourth was another seasonal offering, Sony's Goosebumps 2: Haunted Halloween, at $9.7 million (Sh981 million). The 2018 box office remains up 10.6 percent compared to the previous year. The coming-of-age drama grossed $249,500 during the weekend for a $62,375 per-screen average, with the studio planning to expand next weekend after the strong opening.
- Riyadh would not have murdered Khashoggi without U.S. protection: Rouhani
- California Civil Rights Group Calls Federal Plan Another ‘Attack’ on Transgender People
- Israel’s Supreme Court rules BDS supporter can stay
- Bolton faces tense talks with Russian Federation over nuclear treaty
- Turkish police find Saudi consulate car abandoned in Istanbul parking lot
- Universal Postal Union official says US withdrawal serious, but can be resolved
- Halloween slays at box office, and Jamie Lee Curtis tweet goes viral
- David Luiz: 'Chelsea's spirit against Manchester United was amazing'
- NOAA Predicts Mild Michigan Winter Ahead
- Australian Government Loses Majority With Election Defeat