Hope Hicks, formerly one of Donald Trump's closest aides, is to start a new role in Los Angeles as head of public relations for Fox. Rita Tuzon was named exec VP and corporate general counsel; Jill Ratner was named exec VP and chief litigation counsel; and Kevin Lord, exec VP of human resources for Fox News, will take over HR for the entire company.
Cristiano Ronaldo in contention for third successive Ballon d'Or
The Ballon d'Or , a prestigious award presented since 1956, is given to the best player of the year. N'Golo Kante has been nominated for the Ballon d'Or award after his brilliant year.
The Trump-Fox News bond continues to tighten.
The Hicks hire sent shockwaves through the Fox offices, surprising many.
Meng under investigation: China breaks silence on Interpol director disappearance
Meng is the first person from China to serve as Interpol's president, a post that is largely symbolic but powerful in status. The wife of missing Interpol president Meng Hongwei has said he sent her an image of a knife before he disappeared in China.
"She is as smart and thoughtful as they come, a truly great person", Trump said in a statement after her White House resignation, adding: "I am sure we will work together again in the future". With Disney acquiring 21st Century Fox, the companies remaining properties, Fox News, Fox Sports, and the broadcast network, will become simply FOX, which would fall under Hicks' purview.
Those deals are expected to be completed in the first half of 2019, pending regulatory approval. Murdoch has been a friend and informal advisor to Trump, and the president has cited Fox News as his favorite information source.
Interpol makes official request to China for info on missing president
Al Jazeera's Adrian Brow, reporting from Beijing , said China's silence is a "reflection of how sensitive this case is". Since Xi Jinping came to power in 2012, well over a million party officials have been disciplined in some way.
Other high-profile names who have bounced between Fox and the White House include former Fox News contributor John Bolton, who now serves as the president's national security advisor, and State Department spokesperson Heather Nauert, the former co-host of FNC's 2000-era afternoon program "The Big Story".
- Melania Trump tells Donald off when she disagrees with his tweets
- Senate moves to final vote on controversial Trump's Supreme Court pick Kavanaugh
- Dybala’s hat trick helps Juventus beat Young Boys 3-0
- Google Pixel Slate with Chrome OS, detachable keyboard leaked
- US Employment Rate at 3.7% Touches 48-year-low in Sept
- Key Senators Undecided As Senate Poised To Vote On Kavanaugh
- Dana White says Conor McGregor wants rematch with Khabib Nurmagomedov
- Maine GOP Chairwoman: Susan Collins and Her Staff Bullied by Leftists
- Jadon Sancho profile on England, Borussia Dortmund forward
- Murkowski to vote no on Kavanaugh