Kanye, who has faced a backlash over his vocal support of the President & for wearing MAGA hats, will meet with Mr. Kushner first to talk about criminal justice system, before going on to have lunch with President Trump.
West's wife, celebrity figure Kim Kardashian West, met with the president this past May, during which she successfully advocated for commuting the life sentence of Alice Johnson, a 62-year-old great-grandmother who had been spending a lifetime behind bars for a nonviolent drug crime she had committed decades ago.
Eric Holder Questions Legitimacy of Supreme Court
Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell received a standing ovation when he walked in. Schumer (D-N.Y.) said in June on the Senate floor.
Neither Trump nor West provided much information on what they met about in December 2016. "Thank you, Kanye West", Trump said.
Pop star Lana Del Rey called West's support for Trump "a loss for the culture", and Avengers star Chris Evans called his statements on slavery "retrogressive, unprecedented and absolutely terrifying".
Most recently, West made news when he defiantly sported a "Make America Great Again" cap during a performance on NBC's "Saturday Night Live". "You know how wrong about politics you need to be for like me to notice?"
Pompeo says US, North Korea continue to make progress on nuclear issue
The United States wants sanctions on North Korea to remain in place until the country completely dismantles its nuclear program. Japan has been wary of Trump's initiative, fearing it could affect its long-standing security relationship with the U.S.
"Speaking strictly for myself, what Kanye said after we went off the air last week was one of the worst, most awkward things I've ever seen here". West donned a red "Make America Great Again" hat for much of his time as the musical guest on the September 29 season premiere. We will no longer outsource to other countries. We will provide jobs for all who are free from prisons as we abolish the 13th amendment.
"I always have and always will cast my vote based on which candidate will protect and fight for the human rights I believe we all deserve in this country", she added. Previously, West revealed that he was encouraging Colin Kaepernick to sit down with the President.
Trump talks up second North Korea summit
This version of the story corrects 4th paragraph to make clear that Washington has been seeking inspection of Yongbyon. Pompeo, however, played down the differences. "I would certainly expect so", the official said.
- Google Pixel Slate with Chrome OS, detachable keyboard leaked
- Senate moves to final vote on controversial Trump's Supreme Court pick Kavanaugh
- Tua Tagovailoa opened Alabama's game vs. Arkansas with a ideal stat line
- Cristiano Ronaldo in contention for third successive Ballon d'Or
- Murkowski to vote no on Kavanaugh
- Yankees Feel Good With Severino On The Hill In Game 3
- Trump won’t fire collusion probe boss because of ‘very good relationship’
- Jadon Sancho profile on England, Borussia Dortmund forward
- Florida, Alabama bracing for 'monstrous' Hurricane Michael
- Former first daughter Barbara Bush ties the knot in Kennebunkport