As soon as one company has reached that $1 trillion mark, you know it won't be long until another follows in suit - only weeks after it happened for Apple, Amazon has joined the ranks in the "trillion-dollar club".
If the online retailer's share price continues at its recent pace, it will be a matter of when, not if, Amazon's market valuation eclipses that of iPhone maker Apple, which reached $1 trillion on August 2. That happened barely a month after Apple crossed that threshold.
Its stock surged during morning trading on the Nasdaq, reaching the milestone when its share price hit $2,050.50 per share.
Aretha’s lack of a will could make things rocky for heirs
On Friday, the Greater Grace Temple in Detroit embodied the spirit, the fierceness and the joy of Aretha Franklin . Here are five books in celebration of the unmatched and classical Aretha Franklin .
A major contributor to the company's massive profits has been its cloud business, Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Amazon must also guard against the kind of arrogance that can undo companies that come to dominate markets, according to the analyst. And they first hit $1,000 on October 27, 2017.
Such astronomical growth from a small, Seattle book seller to one of the world's biggest companies, has made its founder and chief executive, Jeff Bezos, easily the richest person in the world.
Kavanaugh supreme court nomination not 'normal', says Senate Democrat
The committee has had access to more than 415,000 pages on Kavanaugh's background, the lawyer said in the letter. Wade , while Only 37% approve of a Brett Kavanaugh confirmation.
Amazon reported almost $US53b in sales in the three months ended in June, with record quarterly profit of $US2.5b.
Amazon retreated slightly after hitting the milestone, and near 1545, it was up 1.3 percent to $2,038.71.
Amazon now trades up 74.0 per cent for the year to date. In comparison, Apple has risen about 35.0percent in 2018.
Trump Lobbying GOP Senators to Turn Against Sessions
With Sessions gone, Trump could appoint a new, un-recused top prosecutor, who could interfere with special counsel Robert S. I have a feeling he took a gamble and supported the president because he knew he would reward loyalty".
"This year marks the 20th anniversary of our first shareholder letter, and our core values and approach remain unchanged", Bezos said in his 2017 letter to shareholders in March.
- Mourinho's brilliant gesture for 'fantastic' Man United fan
- NBC accused of trying to quash Weinstein harassment probe
- How Brandon Knight fits with the Houston Rockets
- Pentagon cancels $300m aid to Pakistan over terror record
- Judge orders NJ couple to turn over money raised for homeless man
- Nick Saban Gets Heated With ESPN's Maria Taylor After Question About QBs
- Roger Federer's Incredible Around The Net Post Shot At The US Open
- US Open to AP: Umpire at Kyrgios match will keep working
- Tropical Storm Gordon Forms, Heading to The Gulf States
- Hasina ready to help Imran Khan for the good of Pakistanis