At the same time, the online community wondered if Kaepernick's leadership qualities and advocacy for equality would inspire Nike to adopt better labor practices around the world.
Colin Kaepernick, the out-of-work quarterback suing NFL owners for allegedly colluding to keep him out of the league, is a part of Nike's latest advertising campaign.
While many people applauded Nike's choice of Kaepernick, who back in 2016 initiated the "take a knee" anthem protests that swept the NFL, others criticized the brand's ambassador for "disrespecting" the U.S. national symbols. Kaepernick also posted a Nike ad featuring his face and wrote: "Believe in something, even if it means sacrificing everything".
Former Vice President Biden salutes McCain as a brother
After the service, McCain's wife of 38 years, Cindy, bowed over the casket, clasped her hands and appeared to pray there. Former Vice President Joe Biden gives a tribute during memorial service at North Phoenix Baptist Church for Sen.
Kaepernick signed with Nike in 2011, Rovell said.
Colin Kaepernick has a new deal with Nike, even without having a job in the NFL. The company had not used him in the past two years.
The NFL this season has adopted a rule requiring all players to stand during the anthem, although it gave them the option of staying off the field until the ceremony was over.
How Brandon Knight fits with the Houston Rockets
Phoenix Suns forward Marquese Chriss , left, is guarded by Kings forward Skal Labissiere on December 12, 2017, in Sacramento. Good: Anderson struggles against the NBA's elite units, but Phoenix isn't concerned about the playoffs at the moment.
On Thursday, arbitrator Stephen Burbank denied the league's request to dismiss the case, which means he found sufficient evidence for the case to continue and perhaps go to trial.
Kaepernick, who led the San Francisco 49ers to a Super Bowl appearance and NFC championship game in consecutive seasons, argues that owners have colluded to keep him off any National Football League roster since he hit free agency in 2017.
Kaepernick, the former NFL quarterback at the centre of a raft of legal cases that's nearly assuredly going to rattle the very core of the league's institutional whiteness, was not only revealed to be the face of the campaign, but a very well-paid one at that.
Rangers beaten by Celtic in Gerrard's first Old Firm derby
The sides will face each other again later this year, with Celtic travelling to Ibrox on 29th December. "We were both satisfied", said Gerrard .
- Cardiff City vs. Arsenal - Football Match Report
- Liverpool Appoint Long Throw World Record-holder Thomas Gronnemark As Coach
- Dutch lawmaker cancels Mohammad cartoon contest over safety concerns
- Asian games: Iran claims gold in volleyball
- Serena Williams calmly walked to the side after statement-making forehand return
- Nick Saban Gets Heated With ESPN's Maria Taylor After Question About QBs
- Judge orders NJ couple to turn over money raised for homeless man
- Aretha’s lack of a will could make things rocky for heirs
- Bill to make California first state to end bail before trial
- Cristiano Ronaldo needs time to break Juventus duck - Massimiliano Allegri