The plane struck a parked auto, but the occupant was inside a store and was not injured, according to the Orange County Fire Authority.
Bommarito explained the plane was on its way to nearby John Wayne Airport, and it is possible the pilot intentionally avoided people on the ground during the plane's collision to limit the number of casualties.
The twin-engine Cessna plane was en route to John Wayne Airport when the pilot declared an emergency and crashed around 12:30 pm local time in Santa Ana on Sunday, near the South Coast Plaza shopping mall, CNN reported.
The group was all part of a Bay Area real estate consulting firm.
Randy Moss pays tribute with his Hall of Fame tie
Moss went for over 1,000 yards in his first season with the Raiders, making it to the 1,000 mark on the final day of the season. "When you walk off the last time with that thing, that Lombardi, it's a confirmation I am living proof of the impossible".
"Our entire Pacific Union family is mourning the loss of our colleagues, family and friends", CEO Mark McLaughlin said in a statement.
The Shepherds have two children, according to Lara's profile on the real estate site.
There was no fire and nobody on the ground was hurt, he said.
Photos from the scene show the plane upright but on its belly outside the South Coast Plaza shopping center in Santa Ana, where wreckage was seen in front of a Staples store.
Willian aims to stay at Chelsea and confirms bid from Barcelona
Chelsea winger Eden Hazard has also been linked with Real, but did attend training with the Blues on Monday. It's a club with a great history, we've won loads of big trophies, and we always want to do that.
It crashed in a parking lot for Staples, a CVS pharmacy and other retailers, said Captain Tony Bommarito of the Orange County Fire Authority.
Bystanders told journalists they saw the plane falling nose-first.
The Cessna 414 is registered to an owner in San Francisco, according to Federal Aviation Administration records. A phone call to the company was not immediately returned.
Iran eases currency rules, hoping to buoy rial ahead of sanctions
Trump's whiplash between threats and diplomacy prompted déjà vu for some who saw similarities to how Trump approached North Korea. The UK, along with China, Germany, France, Russia and the European Union are negotiating with Iran on preserving the deal.
- Vintage plane's crash in Switzerland killed all 20 on board, police say
- China threatens new tariffs on $60bn worth of United States goods
- Jobs report misses as unemployment rate slides near 18-year low
- Venezuelan leader Maduro accuses Colombia of exploding drone assassination attempt
- Maurizio Sarri provides updates on Chelsea futures of two integral players
- What does the rise in interest rates means for YOU?
- Motorola's new Moto Z3 smartphone can be UPGRADED to 5G tech
- India's Oil Imports From Iran Jump To Record-High In July
- Players to Watch in the WGC Bridgestone Invitational
- UN to convene Yemen talks in Geneva next month