Little did Januzaj realise, but his team-mate Michy Batshuayi trumped his goal nearly immediately in celebrating it.
Sadly for the "Bat-man", the ball rebounded off the post and struck him in the face.
Videos of the shortly-lived celebration were circulating online within minutes and were shared among hundreds of thousands of people.
Brazil back on track after two late goals
Brazil , already unbeaten in their recent 12 matches, looked for their first victory at the World Cup so as to reach the last 16. Tite again stressed the Paris St Germain forward was still getting back up to speed following his lengthy spell out injured.
Rather than join his teammates in celebration, Batshuayi was then left holding his face in agony, but was fine to continue the game.
"Ahahha I knew I would be [expletive] the minute I come to my mentions", Batshuayi tweeted.
That is because Batshuayi's celebration has become a talking point.
"How can I be so stupid, stuff like that really hurts", he said via a tweet.
India may ignore USA demand to halt Iran oil imports
CBS News State Department reporter Kylie Atwood reports that this marks a revival of protests seen in December and January. Parliament Speaker Ali Larijani, speaking at the same event as Rouhani, appeared to directly criticize his administration.
Naturally with football in the modern day, fans, ex-professionals and journalists watching on screen were quick to mock Batshuayi.
"Obviously he was probably happy and at the end did a little mistake", the goal scorer said.
"But that was the joy ... that showed the passion the Belgian team has got here".
Germany shows World Cup grit, now has chance to advance
The results mean that the Taeguk Warriors now sit bottom of Group F with zero points, while Mexico lead the group with six points.
- Iran eliminated from World Cup after Portugal draw
- Italy's interior minister says Malta should take rescue boat
- Clippers’ Lou Williams wins NBA Sixth Man of the Year
- Saudi Arabia vs Egypt tips
- Joe Jackson, father to Michael, patriarch of music family, has died
- Kroos: Germany won't make it easy for other teams
- Polite Japan Fans Clean Stadium After World Cup Win
- Supreme court backs Trump on travel ban targeting Muslim-majority nations
- European leaders congratulate Erdogan on election win
- Macron wants asylum centres to hold migrants