Monday night, police were still combing through the rapper's auto as people watched from behind crime scene tape.
Broward Sheriff confirmed the tragic news in a statement posted on Twitter to their 105,000 followers.
Tributes are pouring in for chart-topping rapper XXXTentacion, who was shot and killed during an apparent robbery on Monday in Broward County, Florida. The fan said of the shooting: "It couldn't have come at a worse time". A witness told celebrity news website TMZ that multiple shots rang out outside the motorcycle dealership.
Rashford praises England's 2-goal captain Kane
"I think we competed well against Belgium, and I think when there were tackles, they got stuck in just as much as we did".
The 20-year-old, whose real name was Jahseh Onfroy, talked about dying in an undated Instagram Live video.
"Dispatchers received a call of a shooting at 3:57 p.m.", the tweet continued.
The rapper was also facing more than a dozen felony charges and prosecutors accused him of witness tampering.
"Thanks for inspiring me", Diplo captioned a picture of himself with XXXTentacion on Twitter. J. Cole had similarly kind words, calling him an "enormous talent" and saying he had a "strong desire to be a better person". After a brief time in jail, he was released on house arrest after a judge granted him permission to go on tour.
Frustrated Phil Mickelson swats moving ball with putter at US Open
Mickelson said he had thought about doing the same thing many times, including on the tricky 15th green at the Masters. He goes across the water for an in-between wedge shot with no margin for error: water lurks short and jail long.
"Despite a declaration in October that he planned on quitting the music industry and terminating his deal with Capitol Records, XXXTentacion returned in March with his second album, "?", which hit No. 1, selling the equivalent of 131,000 units in its first week.
He was arrested in December 2017 on charges that he beat up his pregnant girlfriend and later released on house arrest. So I just wanted to say, I appreciate and I love all of you and I believe in you all.
"I at least want to know that the kids perceived my message and were able to make something of themselves and able to take my message and use it and turn it into something positive and to at least have a good life", he said.
Germany tells Trump to stop lying about their crime rate
Seehofer himself announced the new low crime rate last month, concluding, "Germany has become safer". Immigration is likely to dominate the summit of European Union leaders.
- Tory minister criticised for "plain nasty" Brexit hanging comments
- Chelsea: Hazard ready to stay but opens door for Real move
- How the Dwight Howard-Timofey Mozgov trade could affect the Cleveland Cavaliers
- Despite executive order, families may not be put back together
- ENG vs AUS: Former English cricketers tear apart Aussies following their defeat
- Duke and Duchess of Cambridge announce date for Prince Louis' Christening
- Japan & Senegal sweeping all before them
- Audi CEO arrested in Germany over VW emissions scandal
- Disney Just Upped Its Bid For 21st Century Fox Deal
- China ‘expresses regret’ over United States withdrawal from UN Human Rights Council