With the penalty, Mickelson carded a sextuple-bogey 10 on the par-4 hole, pushing him to 10-over for the round and plus-16 for the tournament.
99.6% of Iceland's TV viewers watched Argentina draw
We have scouted Argentina in our best detail. "I guess our game plan worked nearly perfectly". He just had a bad day but we know that he can give us the victory at any moment of the game.
"Look, I don't mean disrespect to anybody", he said. "I took two shots and moved on and got to play the next hole". And I would gladly take the two shots over continuing that display.
Mickelson will start the final round at +17 after having carded a damaging 81 on Saturday, extinguishing any lingering hopes of him completing his career grand slam at Shinnecock. It's something you might see on your home course with your mates. "He played a moving ball", Bodenhamer said.
"Phil really did want to understand how the rule operates", Davis said, via Randall Mell of the Gold Channel. He goes across the water for an in-between wedge shot with no margin for error: water lurks short and jail long. It's amusing. I just wanted to get to the next hole and did not see that happening without the two shots'.
"I've never seen anything like that from a world-class player in my life", unusual said.
"I know this should've come sooner, but it's taken me a few days to calm down", Mickelson said.
Audi CEO arrested in Germany over VW emissions scandal
Volkswagen has admitted using special software to cheat on emissions tests, with almost 11 million vehicles affected. Prosecutors in the Bavarian state said the arrest was justified because of the "risk of concealment of evidence".
He said: "The ball had no speed on it but it ran five, six, eight, 10, 20, 50 feet past the hole".
Mickelson said. "It's amusing". Mickelson said he had thought about doing the same thing many times, including on the tricky 15th green at the Masters.
Phil Mickelson started the final round of the US Open at Shinnecock Hills 14 strokes behind the leaders, but he had become the story of the tournament thanks to a weird penalty and a ruling from the US Golf Association that many disagreed with. He had those four consecutive bogeys before a par at the 12th.
Shortly after Mickelson finished, Zach Johnson launched a scathing attack on the course set-up.
Strong Quake Rattles Japan's Osaka, Causes No Major Damage
Japan has experienced several earthquakes in the last few days, including 4.5 and 4.6 quakes near capital Tokyo over the weekend. A 5.9 magnitude quake rattled the city of Osaka, western Japan on Monday morning, leading to partial building collapses.
- World Cup match report Costa Rica v Serbia 17 June 2018
- Roberto Martinez Lauds Mature Belgium Performance as Red Devils Overcome Dogged Panama
- The Spurs Reportedly Won’t Trade Kawhi Leonard Until This Happens
- BJP’s ‘betrayal’ a big political setback for Mehbooba Mufti
- Iraqi force says USA strike killed fighters in east Syria
- Sri Lankan captain Dinesh Chandimal charged with ball tampering by ICC
- Yuya Osako snatches shock victory for Japan against 10-man Colombia
- China Declares Trade War Launched After Trump Unveils $50B Tariffs
- Technology helps France to 2-1 win over Australia
- Around 100,000 Chinese to attend 2018 World Cup in Russian Federation