Friday, 19 October 2018
Latest news
Main » Los Angeles DA reviewing sexual assault case against Sylvester Stallone

Los Angeles DA reviewing sexual assault case against Sylvester Stallone

15 June 2018

A sexual assault case involving Sylvester Stallone is now being reviewed by the Los Angeles District Attorney, Us Weekly can confirm.

Los Angeles District Attorney's office spokesman Greg Risling did not give details but said the case was presented by police in the California beach city of Santa Monica. They also provided no timetable for the review. Risling would not comment further on the nature of the allegation.

The alleged incident occurred in the 1990s, but was reported to Santa Monica police in November, which the Hollywood Reporter covered at the time.

Here’s why the AT&T-Time Warner merger just got approved
After a federal judge ruled on Tuesday that AT&T could buy Time Warner , investors poured into some stocks while unloading others. Comcast said it is confident it will win regulatory approval and that its new offer "fully addresses" the stated concerns.

The Los Angeles District Attorney's Office is reviewing sexual assault allegations against Sylvester Stallone, according to a DA spokesperson.

The #MeToo campaign took off a year ago following sexual assault allegations against Hollywood mogul Harvey Weinstein. The DA's office did not say how long it was expected to take to review the case. Notwithstanding that, she filed a police report, (and) the media outlet refused to publish the story. But the revised law applies only to crimes committed after January 1, 2017, and offenses for which the statute of limitations had not expired by that date.

Making his name in the 1970s in boxing film Rocky, Stallone went on to become one of Hollywood's biggest action stars thanks to the Rocky and Rambo film franchises.

Dennis Rodman flying to Singapore for Kim-Trump summit
Mr Kim has the "opportunity" to make a deal with the US, Mr Trump said on Saturday, but he "won't have that opportunity again". Earlier on Sunday evening, Trump arrived at Singapore's Paya Lebar Air Base and is now staying at the Shangri-La Hotel.

But the Santa Monica allegation is the second time Stallone has been accused of a sexual assault.

Sylvester Stallone on a recent visit to the White House.

"This is a ridiculous, categorically false story", said Michelle Bega, spokeswoman for Stallone, said after the stories were published.

Trump says he will stop 'war games' with South Korea
The actual text of the document was visible in a picture from the signing, after Trump held it up to show their signatures. Adding to the unreality of the meeting, the Capella Hotel venue is only a stone's throw from the Universal theme park.

"We got a complaint that was made in November of alleged sexual misconduct in the 1990s", SMPD spokesman Saul Rodriguez told Reuters.

Los Angeles DA reviewing sexual assault case against Sylvester Stallone