A German police officer has shot a knife-wielding Austrian man who went on the rampage in Berlin Cathedral.
"Shortly after 4 pm (1400 GMT) police shot at a rampaging man at Berlin Cathedral", police said. 'He was wounded in the leg'.
The clip shows the man, 53, from Austria, leaping up and down and brandishing the weapon in a tense show down with police at the altar. Some 100 people were at the Dom at the time, police said.
Watch the 2018 French Open
The Italian saved a set point at 6-5 to force the tie-break, and both players produced some incredible tennis in it. He admitted he was also close to quitting at 1-5 down in the second set.
The suspect and a police officer are hospitalized.
Two officers responded to the call and asked the suspect repeatedly to put down the knife, to no avail, police said. "One of our officers shot [him]", police said. The dpa news agency quoted police as saying the man appeared to be confused.
A Sunday evening prayer service at the church was cancelled.
Boulder County LGBTQ advocates urge resiliency in wake of SCOTUS' cakeshop ruling
The dispute began when a gay couple approached a Christian baker in 2012 asking for a cake to celebrate their wedding. The baker told Today that he also refuses to make Halloween cakes because of his religious beliefs.
"There may be presently no proof of a terrorist or Islamist motive".
The 19th Century cathedral is located in the centre of Berlin on the historic Museum Island. Witnesses said that the cathedral had been blocked off and that armed officers were patrolling the area.
Trump's tweet about jobs report raises questions
The director of the White House National Economic Council, Larry Kudlow, briefed Trump on the data on Thursday. May's jobs report is great news for America, but awful news for Democrats hoping to win election in November.
- Rohr releases final 23-man list for Russia 2018
- Apple hits hard on privacy, Memoji in new iOS update
- Neymar fires Brazil to victory over Croatia
- 'Fortnite' And Other Titles Rumored For Nintendo Switch, E3 Announcement Imminent
- Assad threatening to attack United States backed forces in Syria
- Real Madrid without Cristiano Ronaldo is unimaginable - Marco Asensio
- 3 takeaways from Game 1 vs. Warriors
- U.S., China End Latest Trade Talks Without Settlement
- Natural disaster hits Kilauea summit, sending ash plumes up to 8,000 feet
- Manchester United boss Mourinho not ready to call time on club career