The Saints secured a vital 1-0 victory at the Liberty Stadium which has all-but ensured they will remain in the top-flight, with the Jacks left in the third relegation spot.
The Saints have a much better goal difference than many of those around them at -18, meaning there is a now a nine-goal swing between them and the Swans who sit on -27.
A win for either side would relegate West Bromwich Albion and leave the losing team in a very precarious position, with just one round of fixtures in the league to go after tonight's clashes.
Huddersfield needed a point to move out of reach of Swansea City - and achieved that despite Marcos Alonso canceling out Laurent Depoitre's opener.
SEN. AMY KLOBUCHAR: Supporting a free and open internet
Minnesotans in rural communities across our state are at risk of losing their access to a free and open internet. The 2015 regulations bar internet providers from controlling internet speeds, among other things.
Substitute, Manolo Gabiadini scored the only goal of the game on 72 minutes in a rather boring game that was devoid of quality and reeked of desperation from both sides.
Their only chance of escaping relegation this season is if they beat Stoke City in their last game of the season with 10 goals and also pray that Southampton lose against Manchester City.
Russian Federation slams U.S. decision to withdraw from Iran deal
The European partners of the United States, Britain, Germany and France also commented on the decision of the us leader. President Donald Trump announced the USA withdrawal from the 2015 nuclear deal on Tuesday.
The Baggies - now on 31 points from their 37 games - had hoped to reach the final day and repeat their memorable escape of the 2004-05 season.
Because Swansea will nearly definitely be playing their football in a lower league next season.
Watching the emotional celebrations at the final whistle at The Hawthorns last weekend after a last-gasp win against Tottenham I couldn't help but think the legend Cyrille Regis was looking down from above with pride at his club.
Southampton now have 36 points - three more than Swansea, who entertain relegated Stoke on Sunday.
Viewership For This Week's WWE Raw
The show's fall in viewership could be because of any one of a number of reasons. Poor numbers for a mediocre show that followed a lousy pay-per-view.
Were that to happen, they would finish above the Terriers on goal difference.
- Rishabh Pant second youngest to blast Indian Premier League hundred
- Trump Comments On World Cup Bid Support Again
- Woman arrested for stalking sent man 65k text messages
- Germany supports maintaining Iran nuclear deal - Merkel to Rouhani
- After nightmare in Boston, Ben Simmons ready for redemption
- Swansea City one step closer to relegation after Huddersfield V Chelsea draw
- Eight Iranians were Killed in an Israeli Missile Attack in Syria
- I expected Ajinkya Rahane in the ODI squad: Sourav Ganguly
- CA confirms Adelaide Test will be a day affair
- Miranda Kerr and husband Evan Spiegel welcome first baby together