According to Nakuru Governor, Lee Kinyanjui the water from the dam has caused massive destruction of both property and life.
Rescue operation by Kenya Red Cross and Nakuru County disaster management teams went into operation today and up to 40 people have been rescued from the mud and taken to hospitals.
A local television station said 20 bodies had been recovered so far.
Reports indicate more than 2,500 residents were affected after the dam broke its banks sweeping away schools and homes. He, however, said the extent of the damage was yet to be established.
Zinedine Zidane: Cristiano Ronaldo injury not an issue for Champions League final
We will look tomorrow and see what damage has been done, he is a little bit anxious (about Kiev) but says it's something minor. The result: "We've experienced a great football match, and at the end it's a draw, which I'm not sure is deserved or not".
Kenya, like other countries in East Africa, has experienced heavy rain over the past two months.
Just arrived in Solai, Nakuru County to check the status of the ongoing multi-agency search and rescue operation following the Patel Dam disaster.
In Solai, Veronica Wanjiku Ngigi, 67, said she was at home brewing tea with her son at around 8 p.m. when his wife rushed in to say the dam had burst and they needed to get to higher ground immediately.
"The county has dispatched ambulances to the scene to aid in evacuation of victims", he said.
Walmart pharmacies to restrict opioid prescriptions nationwide
In 2017, CVS announced that it would enact a seven-day limit for opioid prescriptions for certain conditions and new patients. The product, when mixed with warm water, can turn any opioid product into a soft gel, rendering it unusable.
After a severe drought, weeks of torrential rains in Kenya have led to flooding and mudslides that have left 159 dead.
Recent flooding in the country has already killed more than 130 people and displaced a quarter of a million others. "Looking at families being displaced, children, mothers, the elderly being swept away by floods, it's traumatizing".
"This will enable us reunite families who may have separated from their loved ones during the incident", he said.
22 arrested in India in 3 rape cases
Police also revealed that the incident is coming days after another teenager was burned to death in the same state. The arrests come a month after the government approved the death penalty for the rape of girls under 12 years old.
- Dennis Kucinich losing Cuyahoga County early in governor's race
- Ebola outbreak kills 17 in Congo: health ministry
- Joe Russo Shoots Down Hulk Theory, Offers Surprisingly Deep Explanation — INFINITY WAR
- Guardsman left to die on highway after apparent road rage fight
- Zombie Cambridge Analytica told 'death' can't save it from the law
- Swansea City one step closer to relegation after Huddersfield V Chelsea draw
- Arrested Development Season 5 Trailer and Premiere Date Revealed!
- Trump Comments On World Cup Bid Support Again
- CA confirms Adelaide Test will be a day affair
- Telstra stops selling ZTE devices amid US Govt crackdown