With the new features, Maps is expected to become more helpful and personal as the service will now offer more customised suggestions and recommendations for users based on the location. This is done with the help of machine learning which is based on factors such as what Google knows about a business, food/beverage preferences selected in Google Maps, places a user has been to, and whether they've rated a restaurant or added to a list.
The mission for Google Maps for the past several years has been to help people get around in their environments.
Google Maps received quite a bit of love at this year's Google I/O, with numerous new features announced said to come a little later this year.
Rudy Giuliani: '50-50' Chance Mueller Will Subpoena Trump
Russia's meddling in the 2016 election, however, has been the subject of several Republican-led congressional inquiries. Trump - for divulging memos he wrote past year about interactions with the president.
Tap and hold on a restaurant listing and it will be added to a shortlist which can be shared with family and friends who can then vote on where they'd like to dine.
The idea, according to Google Maps Senior Product Manager Sophia Lin, is that "in addition to helping you get where you need to go, we'll help you discover new places to eat and things to do around you".
Google Maps is adding a "For you" section as well. However, Google has not mentioned that when the feature will be available for the users, nor did Google share any information that whether the app might have a virtual guide also.
Christina Aguilera - Accelerate | Stream
The vocalist's artistic control was all but stripped from her, dictating what she could say, do, and wear. The 11-song album has already pre-released two songs for just a taste of the singer's new direction.
Today, Google announced a big update for Google Maps that is scheduled to come later this summer. The company also did not divulge if all new features are coming to both Android and iOS, but it's safe to assume that they are heading to the app for iPhones and iPads due to the advanced augmented reality technologies of Apple's devices.
Be on the lookout for these changes in the coming months. It looks a heck of a lot like what Google Glass wanted to be but on your phone.
The redesigned Explore tab will show you everything that's new and interesting nearby.
U.S. man takes big bite at record: 30k Big Macs
He showed off his record books and how he keeps track of thousands of receipts, sandwich wrappers and containers. In 2006 he crossed the finish line of the San Diego marathon carrying his 21,387th Big Mac.
- Guardsman left to die on highway after apparent road rage fight
- Wenger opens up on what he will miss about Arsenal
- Jason Day goes two clear in Wells Fargo Championship
- Thunderstorm warning: Delhi police issues traffic advisory, starts emergency helpline
- Alexei Navalny, Putin's Most Determined Opponent, Arrested in Russian Federation at Inauguration Protests
- Walmart pharmacies to restrict opioid prescriptions nationwide
- Zombie Cambridge Analytica told 'death' can't save it from the law
- State AG Schneiderman resigns over sex harassment, abuse allegations
- Zinedine Zidane: Cristiano Ronaldo injury not an issue for Champions League final
- Greitens' Attorneys Want A Judge, Not Jury, To Rule In Case