Saftu workers protest in the Johannesburg CBD on Wednesday 25 April 2018.
Saftu had noted the decision of the parliamentary portfolio committee on labour to refer the National Minimum Wage (NMW) Bill back to the labour department to be redrafted so that it included the public input received by the committee, Saftu said in a statement.
The federation has more than 700,000 members, according to its unaudited figures, and is led by former Cosatu general secretary Zwelinzima Vavi.
Former WWE Superstar Backstage At SmackDown, Karl Anderson Comments On AJ Styles
Tonight, Rowan will take on Jimmy Uso in singles competition, and I don't expect a pretty result. Smackdown Live also feature match like- Shelton Benjamin versus Randy Orton.
Saftu acting spokesperson Patrick Craven told TimesLive that all workers were protected from participating in the strike. There is absolutely no reason for anyone not to leave home tomorrow or to live their normal life. Chabalala said this is one of the matters they'll be raising come the day of the strike.
The federation says the legislation will continue to entrench poverty and that proposed amendments to labour laws will undermine the workers' right to strike.
Trains are not expected to be affected by the strike.
Marchers in the city will assemble at SABC Park and will march to the Departments of Labour and Social Development at 10:00.
Ford to Discontinue Almost All its Cars in North America
For comparison, Ford's light truck sales rose 7.2 percent, while GM's light truck sales jumped 26.1 percent. But the company's profit margin slipped to 5.2 percent from 6.4 percent a year earlier.
(Fedusa) and the Congress of South African Trade Unions (Cosatu) and its affiliatesstayed away from the march.
Below is a link with all the assembly points across the country.
'We know things won't change just because we march, but we need the government to see that these proposed changes are going to have the biggest negative impact on the workers who are needed the most'.
Judge 'rules out' Alfie going to Rome (2)
Nothing, except the power of life and death over its subjects and the potential for embarrassment if they are proven wrong. Alfie , aged 23 months, has been in Alder Hey hospital , Liverpool , since December 2016 with an undiagnosed ...
- Celtics Comeback Falls Short, Lose to Bucks 104-102 in Game 4
- Meek Mill To Be Released From Prison Free Man Within Hours!
- Despite a Beat, Shares Sag — Microsoft Earnings
- To-play 'Battle Royale H1Z1' hits PS4 very soon
- Korean leaders seek to control optics at historic summit
- EPA chief Pruitt faces congressional grilling on spending, ethics
- Supreme Court wrestles with legality of Trump travel ban
- Cristiano Ronaldo sends Man Utd's Marcus Rashford signed Actual Madrid shirt
- Sick prisoners in Nome tied to E.coli concerns in Arizona lettuce
- Takeda receives green light for Shire takeover