It will be a rainy day on Friday, ahead of a storm system that could leave the GTA covered in ice this weekend.
The warning, which will go into effect at 2 p.m. on Saturday, warns that "significant icing and gusty winds" are expected, and that the ice accumulations will be around one half-inch.
Tomorrow, weather forecasters say freezing rain will hit the region before changing to rain Sunday evening.
As this weather system is still a few days away, there remains uncertainty with regards to precipitation amounts and which areas will be most affected.
FBI Seized Recordings Between Michael Cohen And Stormy Daniels' Former Lawyer
Cohen's team, he said, was "delaying a government investigation because they can't come up with the facts to justify their case". Federal prosecutors revealed on Friday that Cohen has been the subject of a criminal investigation for months.
Ice storm likely this weekend.
"Some people may think that it's just wet roads, not realizing that it's freezing rain coming down", Schmidt added. Freezing rain may become mixed with or turn over to ice pellets at times.
The best chance of seeing ice storm conditions will be between northern Kent County and Cadillac Saturday night and Sunday morning.
As Oklahoma teachers end strike, Arizona governor offers raise to avert one
Additional 5 percent increases will be made the next two years to achieve a net 20 percent increase by the 2020 school year. The demonstrations saw teachers march arm-in-arm into school wearing red shirts as part of the #RedforEd campaign.
The National Weather Service has put in place an Ice Storm Warning through 2 p.m. on Sunday for the counties of Monroe, Orleans, Livingston, Genesee, Wyoming, and Erie.
The rain isn't expected to end until Monday.
The inclement weather is forecast to persist into this evening, with several centimetres of ice pellets expected. Strong winds gusting to 60 km/h are also expected tonight and Sunday.
Risky winter driving conditions are expected on untreated roads Saturday and Sunday, worsened by fallen tree limbs.
Syria warns West it will defend itself if attacked
He added the the US and it's allies are prepared for "sustained" response until Syrian government stops use of chemical weapons. Syrian news outlet Al-Masdar News reported cruise missiles struck rural Damascus and caused explosions at Dumayr Airbase.
- Feds Investigating National Enquirer's $30000 Payment over Trump Love-Child Rumor
- Volkswagen gets new boss ahead of sweeping changes
- Sergio Aguero to miss Manchester City's trip to Tottenham Hotspur
- Abducted journalists are dead, says Ecuador president
- Britain accuses Moscow of spying on Skripals for at least five years
- Palestinians wounded at Gaza-Israel border protests
- Mohamed Salah set to face AS Roma in the Champions League semifinals
- Secretary of State Nominee Mike Pompeo Testifies at Senate Hearing
- NBA playoff primer: Here's some things to know
- Narendra Modi on fast, urges other lawmakers to do the same