The victor of today's UFC 223 main event at Barclays Centre was set to take the belt, but that bout was scratched when one contender failed to make weigh-in, and three preliminary fights were cancelled over the fall-out from McGregor's rampage during the media day. We also know that Khabib Nurmagomedov found himself on the bus, but wouldn't leave for one reason. Conor is right now facing multiple charges for the assault and property damage.
The press conference was kicked off with UFC 223 main event stars Khabib Nurmagomedov and Al Iaquinta [drafted in at late, late notice] as they tried to talk up a fight that did not exist until shortly after 2:30pm [New York time] on Friday.
McGregor's meltdown left UFC fighter Mike Chiesa with cuts to the face, and landed the famed Irish combatant in Brooklyn's 78th precinct.
Backpage.com shut down by Federal agents
Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn., said that "websites like Backpage.com facilitate sex trafficking across Minnesota and our country". But the site has since then faced a slew of other lawsuits alleging child sex trafficking.
He last fought in a UFC bout in November 2016‚ when he defeated Eddie Alvarez to win the lightweight belt.
An NYPD spokesman confirmed to Omnisport Friday that McGregor had subsequently been charged.
"They got down to the loading docks where the fighters were getting on the buses and attacked them, throwing trash cans, dollies, things like that", White said. The dolly struck one of the fighters and also shattered a window, spraying others with glass.
McGregor was released on $50,000 bond and faces 12 charges, including two criminal mischief felonies.
McGregor is charged with assault, criminal mischief, and reckless endangerment.
Jaysh al-Islam Militants Attack on Friday Syrian Forces' Positions - Russian MoD
Douma-based media activist Haitham Bakkar also said that 25 people were killed in the airstrikes and shelling that hit the town. All that remains is Douma, the largest town, held by the Jaish Al Islam faction, home to tens of thousands.
White said he will be making a decision on McGregor's future with the promotion after this weekend's action.
McGregor's attorney, Jim Walden, asked Judge Connie Melendez to allow his client to travel and "pursue his craft".
His also was was ordered to stay away from five people involved in the incident. His next court hearing will be on June 14.
In a tweet Saturday, McGregor's agent Audie Attar lamented "rumor and misinformation" surrounding McGregor but did not elaborate. "He's working on boxing Floyd Mayweather and then he's talking about fighting Khabib in Russian Federation right after".
He did, however, fight and lose to Floyd Mayweather Jr in a money-spinning boxing match in August 2017.
Conte rejects claim he wants Chelsea exit
Antonio Conte spoke about the significance of this defeat and what we must do, to turn our fortunes around. He is trying to give his opinion and this is his opinion, it is not my opinion.
- 3 area Boston Stores to close
- Sensex vaults 577 pts as RBI holds rate, lowers inflation forecast
- Pep Guardiola In Team Selection Dilemma Ahead Of Manchester Derby
- 1 to 2 inches of snow expected in FM Sunday
- Russian Federation softball picks up big win
- Washington to consider imposing tariffs on additional $100 bln in China imports
- CWG 2018: PM congratulates Chanu, Lather on their victory
- 'Nanny state full of PC snowflakes' - Sugar tax sparks anger
- The New Day WWE Superstars bringing top energy to Wrestlemania
- Jack Nicklaus' Grandson Makes an Ace in The Masters Par 3 Contest