The military says the CH-53E Super Stallion went down shortly after 2:30 p.m. Tuesday near El Centro.
Reports stated all four crew members on board were presumed dead.
Putin says Russia, Turkey agreed to speed up delivery of S-400s
In December, Ankara and Moscow finalised an agreement for Turkey to purchase Russia's long-range S-400 missile defence system. The number of power plants under construction will be 56, including Akkuyu plant.
The victims' names won't be released until after they are positively identified and their next of kin are notified.
A U.S. Marine Corps CH-53E helicopter of the same type involved in two accidents in Okinawa Prefecture a year ago crashed Tuesday in California, leaving the entire crew of four presumed dead. The cause of the crash is under investigation, the statement said.
This is a developing story. The helicopter was built by Sirosky Aircraft, an American aircraft manufacturer based in Stratford, Connecticut, for the U.S. Marine Corps. None of its seven crew members or local residents was hurt, but the Japanese Defense Ministry's local bureau said the accident site was found to have been about 300 meters away from residential houses.
Mississippi State has absolutely owned Louisville this year
Yes, they have more wins when they make less from the outside but it's a done deal when Louisville gets going from behind the arc. For MSU, it's nearly a foregone conclusion that their bench will be outscored as it has for most of their games this season.
The Harrier pilot, assigned to Marine Medium Tiltrotor Squadron 162 and embarked aboard the USS Iwo Jima, was listed in stable condition while being evaluated at Camp Lemonnier's expeditionary medical facility, according to a Navy statement. The aircraft can carry massive loads, according to the Marine Corps, including a 26,000-pound light armored vehicle, 16 tons of cargo or a force of combat-loaded Marines to lead an assault.
"No other injuries were reported to personnel on the ground nor damage to infrastructure at the airport", the statement added.
Strong to severe storms arrive Tuesday evening
A First Alert Action Day is in effect today across the Heartland for the threat of severe weather including tornadoes. Rain should end by late evening , with just some patchy drizzle for a while during the overnight hours.
- United Nations chief urges Yemen peace talks
- Trump hits Amazon yet again Monday
- Jammu Kashmir completely shuts down after killings
- Fortnite Vending Machine is Coming Soon to Battle Royale
- Max Holloway never crossed Khabib Nurmagomedov's mind as UFC 223 replacement opponent
- Say it isn't snow! Springtime storm could bring more snow to tri
- Ian Poulter Earns Masters Entry With Playoff Win in Houston
- Sinclair's forced script reveals the corrupt hypocrisy of its motives
- CWG Opening Ceremony 2018: Smiling Sindhu leads Indian Contingent
- Dutch lawyer sentenced in Mueller probe