The spectacle of the statue was also damaged.
In Tamil Nadu, Unidentified miscreants poured paint on the idol of Dr. BR Ambedkar in Tiruvottiyur, Chennai last night. The Taliparamba Police detained a man in connection with the incident. The incident came to light on Thursday morning when some vendors came to Gramam Street to open their shops there.
Sexual Assault Claim Against Mark Cuban Resurfaces After 7 Years
Willamette Week reports that prosecutors did not press charges after finding insufficient evidence to support the woman's claims. Brendan McGuire that Cuban was "very drunk" at the night club where the incident is alleged to have occurred.
Police officials also added that an investigation has been launched in this regard and the miscreant will soon be caught. MHA has taken serious notes of such incidents of vandalism.
Nashville mayor who admitted affair with bodyguard expected to resign
Prior to the affair, Barry was considered a rising progressive star in Nashville where she had approval ratings around 70 percent. She denied breaking the law, rebuffed calls for her resignation, and said her husband remained committed to their marriage.
"Incidents of the toppling of statues have been reported from certain parts of the country". Several political parties have expressed concerns regarding the incident. "Persons indulging in such acts must be sternly dealt with and booked under relevant provisions of law", the MHA said. It started with the pulling down of a statue of Vladimir Lenin with the help of a bulldozer in Tripura after Left Front's debacle in the state assembly polls, the results of which was declared on Saturday. While several BJP members celebrated the bringing down of Lenin's statue, party National Secretary H Raja took to Facebook to warn that Dravidian and anti-caste revolutionary EV Ramasamy, who is popularly known as Periyar, would be next.
Mukesh Ambani with $40bn, richest among 121 billionaires in India
Amazon founder Jeff Bezos has topped Forbes magazine's annual rich list for the first time, overtaking Microsoft's Bill Gates . France's Bernard Arnault of luxury goods group LVMH is the richest person from outside of the USA with a $72 billion fortune.
- Why CFIUS Is Intervening in Broadcom's Qualcomm Bid
- Odd geometric arrays of storms observed at Jupiter's poles
- United States anxious about Nigeria, other African countries' debt overhang
- Rain and snow to lash United Kingdom with arrival of new Atlantic low-pressure
- Opioid Overdoses in the US Rose 30 Percent in a Year
- Jerry Brown: Sessions' 'sad' political stunts won't work in California
- Get ready for Google Lens, Android users!
- Busy day for new Meghalaya CM Conrad
- Review The Texas Marijuana Voter Guide Before Casting Your Primary Election Ballot
- In India the wedding overturned truck: tens victims