Two children - a 1-year-old boy and 4-year-old girl - were killed.
"She had no emotion, no emotion at all", said bystander Jennifer Muniz, as she waited to speak with investigators following the horrific crash.
Witnesses raced into the crosswalk to help the victims, including a pregnant mother. The mother of the girl was one of the three people hit by the vehicle and she is alive, the New York Police Department said. "Like she had just parked the auto".
Sherwood identifies position Liverpool need to strengthen to win title
I, for one, look forward to seeing what goal celebration Roberto Firmino chooses to do when he scores the first goal. Former Blues winger Pat Nevin agreed, saying squad depth could decide who misses out on a top-four spot next season.
Left on the scene was the little boy's stroller, crumpled after being hit by the auto.
WPIX-TV reported that one of its reporters witnessed the pregnant woman and the two children get off a bus with a stroller when they were struck by a driver who appeared to be speeding up to make it through a light.
"Everybody was crying, yelling, screaming", she recounted.
The two children were pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
Iran to talk on missile programme if Europe, US destroy nukes
He also blasted Iran's Missile program, saying that Tehran had been put "on notice" for testing ballistic missiles. Jazayeri said U.S. criticism of Iran's missile programme was driven by "their failures and defeats in the region".
The children's mom also was injured.
"The only person moving was the lady trying to get up to check on her child, and my aunt was telling her 'please stay down, please stay down, please stay down, ' " said Desireé Williams of her aunt, June Clark-Smith. Meanwhile others tended to the mother lying helpless in the middle of the street.
"She was crying, scared, everything". "She was like, 'Oh god, ' you know?"
Police say the driver was taken into custody, but no charges have been filed.
Apple said to plan its own high-end headphones
There are also concerns that this new product could end up cannibalizing sales from the Beats brand that's also owned by Apple . Much like the HomePod , the development of Apple's over-ear headset has been an on-again, off-again affair over the past year.
Reports indicate the vehicle was driven by another mother, 44-year-old Dorothy Bruns.
- UCLA's Josh Rosen: I can 'really pick defenses apart'
- Many British homes left without water as snow thaw bursts pipes
- Israel's Netanyahu to invite Trump to open Jerusalem embassy in May
- US President Donald Trump joins mourners at funeral of Billy Graham
- Amazon Could Soon Offer Checking Accounts
- Security Threat Causes US Embassy in Ankara to Close Monday
- E-cigarettes contain cancer causing chemicals, recent research
- Food Lover's Market group recalls products after listeriosis announcement
- NDPP, NPF both claim to form Govt in Nagaland
- Qualcomm Delays Vote As CFIUS Looks At $117B Broadcom Bid