Director of the film Guillermo del Toro had a hilarious moment ahead of accepting the shiny new prize as he double checked the card and smiled into the camera after he had confirmed the win for himself.
Dunaway and Beatty incorrectly announced the musical "La La Land" as the Best Picture victor in 2017 when it was actually the drama "Moonlight". The envelope they had read "Emma Stone - La La Land", which was used to present Best Actress.
Multiple teams request Lamar Jackson to work out as WR
But will he meet with the Jets? He will not run the 40-yard dash Saturday with the other quarterbacks, but he will throw. I decided I didn't need one. "It's just more motivation to go out there and show my ability".
The big victor! The Shape of Water won best picture at the 90th Academy Awards at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles on Sunday, March 4. Eight films he has produced have earned 53 Academy nominations, and in 1999, he was awarded the Academy's highest honor, the Irving G. Thalberg Award.
"The presenters had mistakenly been given the wrong category envelope and when discovered, was immediately corrected", a PricewaterhouseCoopers statement read hours after the event ended.
We hope you've recovered from that bad Oscar's Best Picture drama of past year because the Academy has recreated the ideal set-up for it to happen again. Of course, this time around, the award was presented without a hitch - though she says Beatty briefly struggling with the envelope did give her a bit of pause!
Cops searching for exiled Raider after domestic violence report
And in 2013, Smith turned himself in on three felony counts for possessing illegal assault weapons after a stabbing incident. Just a few weeks ago, Smith was caught on camera getting engaged to girlfriend Shawna McKnight (in front of Joe Montana ).
Chaos. Host Jimmy Kimmel explained it was all real.
Beatty and Dunaway were back again on Sunday night for a do-over, this time marking the 51st anniversary of their co-starring turn in "Bonnie and Clyde". "What happened past year was Waterhouse under the bridge", a reference to the accounting firm of PricewaterhouseCoopers, which took responsibility for the envelope mix-up. Actually, it wasn't all their fault since they got the wrong card.
Warren and Faye were all smiles as they came on stage, with Beatty saying: 'It's so nice seeing you again'.
Opioid overdoses spike 30 percent across nation — CDC report
Schuchat said she is cautiously optimistic that strategies implemented in these states to combat opioid addiction may be working. During the entire period studied, the state had 3,427 ER visits for suspected opioid overdoses.
- Many British homes left without water as snow thaw bursts pipes
- E-cigarettes contain cancer causing chemicals, recent research
- Israel's Netanyahu to invite Trump to open Jerusalem embassy in May
- Food Lover's Market group recalls products after listeriosis announcement
- Two children killed after vehicle hits pedestrians in Brooklyn
- Coveney warns United Kingdom border proposals just "a starting point" in Brexit talks
- Apple said to plan its own high-end headphones
- Sherwood identifies position Liverpool need to strengthen to win title
- North Korea Continues to Make Progress on Missile Program - US Intelligence
- Laura Muir takes silver as Doyle wins 400m bronze