Sources tell FOX 5's Morse Diggs that one officer is dead and two others are wounded.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation said on its Twitter page Friday night that the suspect was 39-year-old Tierra Guthrie.
The GBI said it has identified the suspect, but is withholding his name pending notification of his family.
- A Locust Grove police officer was shot to death and two Henry County Deputies were wounded in a shooting inside a Henry County home late Friday morning.
Google brings back Nest into the fold, teams up with hardware team
Google and Nest , a company it acquired in 2014, already share supply chain operations, launch events, and packaging. For the most part Nest and Google existed separate of each other, where they each did their own thing.
Henry County's sheriff said the man who shot the officers is dead.
The exact location of the shooting is disputed at this time, but it was in the city of Locust Grove near the Tanger Outlets. Price said the 26-year-old officer's wife is pregnant and expecting their second child any day.
"We just can't believe this happened", he said.
Sheriff's deputies Ralph Sidwell "Sid" Callaway and Michael Corley arrived at the home first and spoke with the shooter for around 10 minutes before trying to arrest him.
North Korea Holds Military Parade, Shows Off Weapons Ahead Of Olympic Opening
Before leaving Japan for South Korea, Pence said the United States would not be duped by any false overture. The North unveiled five new kinds of missiles at its most recent major military parade last April.
Henry County Sheriff Keith McBrayer made the announcement Friday afternoon at a news conference.
Locust Grove is about 40 miles southeast of Atlanta.
Two have been flown to a local hospital and one was taken by ambulance.
Police blocked off the subdivision and were not letting those who don't live there enter.
Justin Trudeau Mansplains Inclusivity to Woman Who Says 'Mankind'
It believes in both God the Father and God the Mother, with an emphasis on the latter. Telling a female the correct word to use... Trudeau added as the audience cheered.
As a precaution, Locust Grove Elementary School said it was on lockdown, News4Jax reported.
- General Motors Posts Strong Results Despite Its Losses
- Panthers' interim GM on leave after harassment allegation
- Bush: 'pretty clear evidence' that Russian Federation meddled in 2016
- Spurs aim to gun down new-look Arsenal
- Recruit's mom walks off stage after he chooses Florida on signing day
- IPhone X Suffers From Incoming Call Glitch, Apple Investigating The Issue
- Sask. tied for 2nd lowest unemployment rate in Canada
- Twitter Announces A Profit For The First Time
- Salah 'expected' Liverpool heroics but denies being arrogant
- Market Fallers: Burberry Group plc, Centrica PLC, easyJet plc