In keeping with the spirit of the empowering Time's Up movement, eight actresses will take female activists as their plus-ones to the Golden Globes Sunday night.
Many wore black on the red carpet to stand in solidarity with the wave of women and men who spoke up about being sexually harassed in Hollywood. "It's time for us to make a difference, and everyone can make a difference and reach out and learn more at TimesUpNow.com", added Dern.
Raiders to announce Gruden hiring next Tuesday
Despite not coaching in almost a decade Gruden has routinely been a magnet for head coaching rumors. Get prep sports breaking news alerts from the Gwinnett Daily Post staff delivered to your email.
Streep, nominated for her portrayal of Katharine Graham in The Post, is bringing Ai-jen Poo, director of the National Domestic Workers Alliance and organizer of immigrant worker women.
As part of a continued campaign inspired by the Time's Up movement, these Hollywood A-listers are committing to amplifying voices in the fight for women's rights and racial equality. "I hope people see the momentum and the energy and that fact that we're uniting across all industries and all communities standing together and saying we all deserve to work in places where we're safe", she said. Jayaraman is the co-founder and co-director of the Restaurant Opportunities Center United and director of the Food Labor Research Center at UC Berkeley.
- Billie Jean King, the tennis champion who founded the Women's Tennis Association, will accompany Ms.
Islamabad deplores terrorist attack in Afghanistan
AFP quoted a security source as saying 20 people had been killed in the attack, which occurred about 8:30 p.m. local time. According to reports, the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) loyalists have claimed responsibility behind the attack.
Susan Sarandon tweeted that she was honored to attend the awards show with Rosa Clemente, a Puerto Rican activist and journalist who "has come to remind us that PR is still in crisis".
FA Cup: Manchester United, Liverpool qualify for 4th round
Marcus Rashford was the guiltiest party in the first half with a poor point-blank header that he tamely nodded against the post. Paul Pogba kicked off proceedings by picking out Lingard from the left, but his shot deflected over the bar.
- Panthers Wild Card Playoffs preview and predictions
- Falcons face Rams in NFC Wild Card game
- Lalu sentenced to 3.5 years Jail in fodder scam
- HP recalls 50000 laptop batteries amid overheating concerns
- After Trump threatens to cut aid to Pak, India says stand vindicated
- Mohamed Salah wins CAF Player of the Year
- Raiders officially announce Jon Gruden as team's head coach
- Grassley, Graham call for investigation into "Trump dossier" author
- Combined Mega Millions, Powerball jackpots reach $1 BILLION
- Hand grenade kills man in Stockholm suburb