Police said four officers were killed Saturday when rebels fighting against Indian rule in disputed Kashmir detonated a bomb on a street the officers were patrolling.
Pakistan based terrorist organisation Jaish-e-Mohammad has claimed the responsibility for the blast. Three of the four slain policemen were identified as M Amin of Kupwara, Ghulam Nabi of Sopore and Irshad of Doda. Six or seven shops have suffered damage as well", he said, adding "it was the first (IED) blast since 2015. Inspector General of Police (Kashmir range) Munir Khan said the IED had been planted in a shop and triggered off when police personnel on duty came closer to it.
Raiders officially announce Jon Gruden as team's head coach
A top priority for Oakland's next head coach will be re-establishing Carr, who struggled this past season. The Raiders sent out a release announcing Gruden's return on the team's various social media platforms.
Srinagar: Denouncing the killing of four policemen in an IED blast in Sopore, Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti on Saturday urged the people to work shoulder to shoulder to break the "vortex of violence" in the state. "The Shaheed Afzal Guru squad carried out the attack", he said. "My deepest condolences to their families", she said in a tweet.
"Searches are on and the area was cordoned off. May the four fearless J&K police personnel killed in the line of duty today rest in piece". The authorities had deployed additional police and paramilitary CRPF men in the town to thwart any protests.
Hand grenade kills man in Stockholm suburb
Police have cordoned off an area outside the entrance to the metro station Varby Gard, and are investigating the incident. Police checked in and around the subway station after the blast to make sure there were no other explosive devices.
The militants had attacked the 185th battalion camp of the Central Reserve Police Force in Awantipora around 2 am on 31 December.
Grassley, Graham call for investigation into "Trump dossier" author
The probes are looking into allegations that Russian Federation meddled in the 2016 US election to help Republican Trump.
- Reports of E. Coli bacteria found in romaine lettuce in Indiana
- Islamabad deplores terrorist attack in Afghanistan
- Wintry weather expected late Sunday
- LG Unveils A 4K HDR Projector Ahead Of CES 2018
- HP recalls 50000 laptop batteries amid overheating concerns
- Monster Hunter World Gets One More Beta, Details First DLC Monster
- Model 3 production delays may require Tesla to raise more cash
- Falcons face Rams in NFC Wild Card game
- After Trump threatens to cut aid to Pak, India says stand vindicated
- Combined Mega Millions, Powerball jackpots reach $1 BILLION