On 23 December, a special CBI court in Ranchi had convicted former Bihar chief minister Lalu Prasad and 15 others in the second of six fodder scam cases. The court also imposed Rs 5 Lakh fine on Lalu.
The other convicts in the case - Phool Chand, Mahesh Prasad, Bake Julious, Sunil Kumar, Sushil Kumar, Sudhir Kumar and Raja Ram - were sentenced to three and a half years in jail and levied a fine of Rs 5 lakh each, reported ANI. "We will go to the High Court after studying the sentence and apply for a bail".
UK Lawmakers Propose 'Latte Levy' To Cut Coffee Cup Waste
A more focused target has thus been recommended: all single-use coffee cups placed in recycling bins to be recycled by 2023 . Starbucks has pledged it will roll out a three-month trial of a 5p charge on disposable cups in up to 25 London stores.
Furthermore, in the wake of court's ruling and pronouncement of sentence against Lalu Prasad Yadav senior members of the RJD are expected to meet today to discuss the party's strategy and the "emerging political situation".
Lalu Yadav on Friday had filed a plea seeking minimum punishment for himself citing his poor health condition. He was sent to Birsa Munda Jail in Ranchi.
Earlier in the day, Lalu's wife Rabri Devi has called an emergency meeting to decide the individual roles for party leaders in likely absence of the RJD chief. Trial began before the special CBI court, Ranchi in February 2002.
Falcons face Rams in NFC Wild Card game
Outside of three long runs, the Falcons limited the Rams' most potent weapon - running back Todd Gurley - for most of the night. And at the head of L.A.'s scoring monster are a pair of 23-year-olds who have emerged as two of the best at their positions.
The scam is related to withdrawal of Rs 89.27 lakh from the Deogarh Treasury between 1990 and 1994 when Prasad was the chief minister of Bihar.
JDU on Saturday welcomed the fodder scam verdict and hailed it as historic decision in Bihar politics.
Media reports quoting the opinions of lawyers said that the veteran politician can be awarded three to seven years in prison.
Monster Hunter World Gets One More Beta, Details First DLC Monster
Capcom's livestream lasted about an hour and detailed what the community should expect before, during and after launch week. Monster Hunter: World launches on the PS4 and Xbox One on January 26th, 2018, with the PC version coming a bit later on.
- LG Unveils A 4K HDR Projector Ahead Of CES 2018
- USA suspending more than $255m in security aid to Pakistan
- New Years twins born in different years
- Grassley, Graham call for investigation into "Trump dossier" author
- Chiefs' win probability was almost 98 percent at one point against Titans
- Reports of E. Coli bacteria found in romaine lettuce in Indiana
- Man accused of sexually assaulting sleeping woman on Spirit Airlines flight
- 'Game of Thrones' Officially Confirmed to Return in 2019
- Model 3 production delays may require Tesla to raise more cash
- Paladins Gets New Battlegrounds Mode Trailer