Travelers at O'Hare International Airport were among thousands delayed at their destinations nationwide due to a technology glitch with U.S. Customs and Border Protection applications on Monday night, authorities said.
According to the agency it had access to the national security-related databases during the outage. It added that all airports came back online after the outage lasted from 7:30 pm to about 9:30 pm ET.
Telegram 4.7 adds multiple accounts and quick replies on Android
The latest 4.7 version is available for download on Google Play Store for Android users and App Store for iOS users. The most important one is the fact that iPhone users can finally go dark or change their appearance.
Stranded travellers posted photos on social media of long lines at John F Kennedy International Airport in NY and at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport. The user claimed, in another tweet, to have waited about an hour to clear customs and immigration, and suggested other people were left queuing for even longer.
CBP has not given an explanation of what caused the disruption in the system but did say it was not "malicious in nature".
Vikings beat Chicago to clinch first-round bye
Bears: Two starting offensive linemen, LT Bobby Massie (knee) and RG Josh Sitton (ankle), did not play. Jeremiah Sirles will likely start for Easton while Joe Berger will slide from right guard to center.
Other airports, including Denver International Airport, also said they were affected. The customs agents are working to get everyone screened and through customs as quickly as possible. However, holidaymakers used social media to complain about severe delays.
"Just landed back in the USA and I'm stuck in the customs line because the border patrol servers are down nationwide", wrote Pearse Adams. "The border patrol and customs system is apparently still down", wrote Megan Shepard.
Gabriel Jesus suffered MCL injury during draw with Crystal Palace
They focus on diving, on these kind of things. "I know the contact is maybe more allowed here than any other country, that's okay, but there are limits".
- [PyeongChang 2018] S. Korea 'carefully' mulling timing of offering talks with NK
- Insiders Claim Travis Scott Has Already Broken Up With Kylie Jenner
- South Africa: A Court Order Gives Zuma's Rivals More Ammunition
- Baker Mayfield brings 'Pretenders' sign to Rose Bowl
- LGD unveils 88-inch 8K OLED display
- Mariah Carey Served Tea Sympathy on Twitter
- 23 injured in NY city fire
- Hockey Sends Six Players to 2018 Winter Olympics
- Florida's minimum wage set to increase on January 1
- Jack Del Rio Fired by Raiders Amid Jon Gruden Rumors