Williams admitted her mind wandered to her child, Alexis Olympia Ohanian Jr., during the match.
World No 7 Ostapenko, who enjoyed a superb 2017 season that included winning her first grand slam title at the French Open at Roland Garros, said it was incredible to play Williams.
"I don't know if I am totally ready to come back on the tour yet".
Petersburg explosion was terror attack
The suspect was seen on security camera footage leaving a backpack that detonated later inside a locker room at the store. Putin said that he instructed FSB officers to "act strictly within the law" when detaining the alleged terrorists.
It is a surprise to see the American back in action so quickly, but she definitely has her eyes on a 24th Grand Slam trophy in Melbourne, but chose to compete in Abu Dhabi for her comeback, "I am delighted to be returning to the court in Abu Dhabi for the first time since the birth of my daughter in September. I look forward to seeing the fans in Abu Dhabi at the 10th Edition of the Championship very soon".
"When I was fit and healthy past year (2016), you think about winning all the major events, getting to number one and winning every competition that you are in and that is what drives you", Murray told Sky Sports. "I am going to assess everything with Patrick [Mouratoglou, her coach] and my team".
Federer won the Australian Open and a record eighth Wimbledon while Nadal claimed a 10th French Open and the US Open in a Slam sweep for the two veteran stars.
Williams insisted she has a lot more tennis to play.
Barber intentionally snipped customer's ear, cut bald path down head
That's when the customer says Shabani changed the clippers to a zero attachment and cut a path down the middle of his head. The angry barber then allegedly used clippers to shave off a strip of the customer's hair down the center of his head.
Williams again struggled with her serve in the second set. But as the match moved on, I was less afraid. "I am just proud being out here and playing in Abu Dhabi and to be able to just compete", Williams said.
"To play such a great champion is just great".
The exhibition match in Abu Dhabi against Jelena Ostapenko was the American's first match for 11 months. In today's matches, the US Open finalist Kevin Anderson took down Pablo Carreno Busta, whom he defeated in the semi-final in NY as well, by 6-3 7-6, and he will face Dominic Thiem in the semi-final on Saturday. An aggressive Anderson swept the tiebreaker.
EPL: Conte reveals Chelsea's target this season
The Premier League champions now sit 14 points behind unbeaten leaders Manchester City, who also have a game in hand. The Blues are still in the Carabao Cup, the FA Cup and face Barcelona in the UCL last 16.
- Dozens Killed in Bombing at Shiite Center and News Agency in Kabul
- Apple CEO Tim Cook's Annual Pay Jumps 47 Percent to $12.8 Million
- A timeline of Viswanathan Anand's world titles
- Woman killed in Troy quadruple homicide attended West Genesee High School
- No Injuries as Israeli Tanks, Jets Strike Hamas Positions in Gaza
- Gay activists troll Vice President Pence with sign: 'Make America gay again'
- World Health Organization consider recognizing "gaming disorder" as a mental health condition
- Steve Jobs, the Italian clothing firm wins case against Apple
- Extreme cold wave? Donald Trump jokes that global warming may help
- Activist & Daughter Of Eric Garner, Erica Garner, Has Died