The value of bitcoin tumbled almost 30 percent during a volatile session Friday, testing investors who have recently sent the cryptocurrency to astronomical heights and marking a major drop for the largest virtual currency in a highly volatile market.
Bitcoin cash was created on August 1, when Hong Kong-based digital currency exchange Bitfinex said a group of bitcoin miners would be "forking" from the main bitcoin to create a new version that trades faster and easier.
Apple finally admits it deliberately slows down old iPhones
Apple charges $79 to replace the battery of an iPhone that's no longer covered by a warranty. Apple is wrong, however, not to make it easy and low-priced to replace old batteries .
On Thursday, Coinbase had temporarily disabled trading at 5:57 p.m. ET, according to its status website.
As the Bitcoin bears and sharks begin to circle, these new Bitcoin futures may give them a place to strike.
Bitcoin wasn't the only currency hit by a sharp drop. In an update shortly after, it said that, due to high traffic, buys and sells were still disabled, as the service worked to restore availability.
CDC receives a list of forbidden words
The terms are " vulnerable ", " entitlement ", " diversity ", " transgender ", " fetus ", "evidence-based" and " science-based ". The Post did not identify its source but said, "Other CDC officials confirmed the existence of a list of forbidden words".
Coinbase, the biggest platform for buying and selling bitcoin, announced on Wednesday that it will be supporting Bitcoin Cash.
It's valued at about £2,600 per coin, which is much lower than the £11,700 a Bitcoin is being sold for right now.
Bitcoin tumbled more than 25% to below $12,000 Friday, after topping $20,000 on Sunday, to cap off the worst week for the cryptocurrency since 2013, amid a flurry of warnings from central banks and an insider trading probe at a key exchange. The two countries had dominated trading volume for major cryptocurrencies in the last several months. The stock closed 11.2% lower at $24.52 a share Friday.
Jeep Cherokee going to Detroit with new face
Now Jeep has unveiled the refreshed 2019 Cherokee ahead of its debut next month at the Detroit Auto Show . New taillights still mounted high on the tailgate round out the changes outside.
- Sheriff: Dogs who mauled owner to death euthanized
- Weather: Quiet Thursday, then messy couple of days (12/21 AM)
- Watch Chloe Kohanski and Billy Idol Crush 'White Wedding' on 'Voice' Finale
- Sen. McCain returning to Arizona, will miss tax bill vote
- Giants to acquire Evan Longoria from Rays
- US Government Making More Requests For Data Than Ever, Says Facebook
- Ryanair Pilots In Germany Announce Pre-Christmas Strikes
- Cause of death is sought for remains found buried in yard
- Long Island Iced Tea will now be known as Long Blockchain
- Magic Leap Finally Unveils a Mixed Reality Headset