Long Island Iced Tea is a company which focuses on, you guessed it, iced tea (and other ready-to-drink non-alcoholic beverages) and that doesn't immediately scream blockchain technology to me, but the connections between the two do not seem to matter to everyone else. Literally just say the word "blockchain", apparently.
Magic Leap Finally Unveils a Mixed Reality Headset
Similarly, Business Insider , The Verge , Engadget , CNBC and others wrote about the website , citing the alleged features. The One comes in the form of a lightweight headset, along with a wearable computer and wireless controller.
Long Island Ice Tea said it was shifting its primary business strategy to blockchain technology and was in the preliminary stages of evaluating specific opportunities to grow that business.
Shares took off, exploding 164% to 6.45 in the stock market today after hitting 9.49 intraday.
Long Island Iced Tea is just the latest small company to change its business model in an attempt to latch on to the bitcoin and cryptocurrency wave.
US Government Making More Requests For Data Than Ever, Says Facebook
The U.S. tech company restricted the content 20,056 times due to the law enforcement in the country's requests and concerns. This year has seen disruptions to WhatsApp, which is one of the biggest and most popular apps in the Indian market.
Overstock.com's (OSTK) CEO has floated selling its online retail business to fund developments in blockchain.
In what is the most 2017 thing ever, company shares soared by as much as 500 percent in pre-market trading this morning after the company announced the name change, settling back to about a 275 percent gain.
It's unclear what actions, if any, the SEC would take for Long Blockchain, however.
Sheriff: Dogs who mauled owner to death euthanized
The sheriff also put to rest the rumor that Stephens' dogs were used for fighting or that Stephens was sexually assaulted. Their bodies are being preserved until authorities find a lab that can perform a necropsy, Blackwood said.
Here's a great example of just how insane people are going for blockchain. It even rebranded to "Long Blockchain Corp.", reserved the affiliated web domain, and announced plans to seek a ticker change to accommodate the shift.
- CDC receives a list of forbidden words
- Patriots ban Brady's trainer from plane, sideline
- Pentagon Program Spent Millions Investigating UFOs
- French privacy watchdog raps WhatsApp over Facebook data sharing
- Watch Chloe Kohanski and Billy Idol Crush 'White Wedding' on 'Voice' Finale
- Ryanair set to meet with union for the first time ever today
- 2 militants killed in overnight encounter in Kashmir's Shopian, operation on: Army
- Jeep Cherokee going to Detroit with new face
- Menorah may have sparked deadly Brooklyn fire
- Facebook's New Facial Recognition Feature Finds You in Untagged Photos