Apple said that it has issued a fix for HomeKit Security flaw, which had left devices vulnerable to unauthorized third-party access. Apple has said that it has fixed the bug temporarily. Devices running earlier versions of iOS weren't affected.
However this is only temporary as Apple does plan on fixing the vulnerability permanently in future software updates, but in the meantime hopefully the temporary fix will prevent any unwanted consequences.
Los Angeles Jewish institutions close as fire threatens
Los Angeles City firefighter Luis Vargas battles the Skirball Fire on Casiano Road in Bel-Air on Wednesday, Dec. 06, 2017. Residents living west of the 405 should brace for evacuations as well in the event the flames cross the freeway.
The problem is in the current version of iOS 11.2. However, any security flaw that potentially gives a stranger access to your hack is bad news for Apple and the trustworthiness of smart home accessories in general. "The fix temporarily disables remote access to shared users, which will be restored in a software update early next week". It appears to be a hard one to replicate and doesn't impact earlier builds of the operating system.
The issue was not with smart home products individually but instead with the HomeKit framework itself that connects products from various companies.The issue was not with smart home products individually but instead with the HomeKit framework itself that connects products from various companies.Apple has confirmed, however, that an iOS 11.2 update arriving next week will restore any broken functionality. After the bug in the HomeKit was reported to the Cupertino iPhone maker, Apple issued an emergency patch to address the security flaws.
Google removes YouTube access from Amazon's FireTV
Alphabet Inc ( NASDAQ:GOOGL ) isn't going to take its products' exclusion from Amazon's marketplace lying down. In 2016, YouTube's viewership on TV screens grew 90% compared to 2015, according to the Google-owned company.
In a statement, the firm said: "Security is a top priority for every Apple product, and regrettably we stumbled with this release of MacOS".
Dozens of workers removed from North Sea platform as Storm Caroline approaches
Some roads and railways likely to be affected with longer journey times by road, bus and for train services. A snow-ice warning has been issued for Ireland for the coming days.
- Arizona's Trent Franks Expected to Resign
- Markets rally on value-buying, Sensex surges 352 points
- The Oldest Black Hole Ever Discovered Is Defying All Our Expectations
- During Trump inaugural, Flynn greenlighted nuclear project with Russian Federation
- Amazon Brings Handmade Gifts To Prime Now, Escalating Etsy Rivalry
- We'll have to disappear if World Cup goes badly, says Messi
- PAN linking date extended till March 31
- Alabama's Jeremy Pruitt set to take Tennessee gig
- House approves bill granting gun owners hide and carry reciprocity
- Instagram to replace private messaging with 'Direct' standalone app