The three chief minister's waded into the controversy after Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Aditynath and his Rajasthan counterpart opposed the release of the film citing threat of serious law and order problem.
"This is ridiculous. Chouhan made this announcement even before the movie was cleared by the Censor Board".
Joining the chorus against "Padmavati", Madhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan said today that the film would not be allowed to be screened in the state if it contains scenes "breaching the honour" of the Rajput queen or portrays "distorted facts".
Fantastic Beasts 2's movie title has been confirmed
Dumbledore's sister Ariana was traumatized at a young age and repressed her magic, making her prone to magical outbursts. The character is known as a "Maledictus": someone who suffers from a "blood curse" that turns them into a beast.
"Unless the objectionable scenes are removed, I will not let the film to be released across the state", he told a gathering after holding a meeting with representatives of Rajput community.
In a letter addressed to Mehbooba Mufti, Rana said: "The release of Sanjay Leela Bhansali's "Padmavati" is likely to hurt the sentiments of a particular community/religion and thus holds the potential to disrupt peace in Jammu region". "We will now protest to ensure governments in other states follow MP's example too", said Kiran Suryavanshi Rathore, Karni Sena Bhopal district leader. The body said that the movie will be reviewed and certified as per set norms. "If by distorting facts the film brings dishonour to rashtra-mata Padmavati ji, the film won't be released on the land of Madhya Pradesh".
Incidentally, the makers have deferred the film's release which was earlier scheduled to release on December 1.
Apple Postpones Release of HomePod Speaker
But Apple is late to a marketplace dominated by Amazon and Google , with a handful of other players entering the race. VentureBeat has reached out to Apple for further comment on the cause of the delay.
West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee, however, came in support of the film and tweeted "The #Padmavati controversy is not only unfortunate but also a calculated plan of a political party to destroy the freedom to express ourselves".
Protests are a justified recourse in a democratic system, said Singh, who leads the Congress government in Punjab.
The director was roughed up by members of the fringe group Rajput Karni Sena in Jaipur.
A family doubled in size Friday when they adopted five children
There are more than 5-thousand children available for adoption in the USA and about 75 of those are right here in Wichita Falls. In Ramsey County, 48 children celebrated their forever families on the 18th National Adoption Day on Saturday.
Padmavati has the remarkable star cast Deepika Padukone as Rani Padmini, Shahid Kapoor as her husband Maharawal Ratan Singh, and Ranveer Singh as Alauddin Khilji.
- ATP Finals: David Goffin stuns Roger Federer in semi-final
- Russell Simmons responds to assault allegations: 'Everything that happened … was completely consensual'
- Early Rotten Tomatoes Rating For Justice League Shows Mixed Reception
- Disney / Fox Update - Comcast Also Interested in Buying Fox?
- Wind Advisory through midnight; storms late this afternoon
- Trump hits Clinton as 'biggest loser;' Clinton questions legitimacy of election
- Wisconsin players have message for MI players as they walk off field
- 'We have a successor, Manushi Chhillar', says ex Miss World Priyanka Chopra
- South Carolina's Dawn Staley issues official statement declining White House invitation
- LaVar Ball Burns President Trump For Supposed Intervention In China