Three people - including, a 12-year-old boy - were shot Thursday evening at a Starbucks restaurant in the Uptown neighborhood, and one person has died.
A third male was pronounced dead at the scene.
The 12-year-old suffered a gunshot wound to the groin and was being treated at Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago where he was listed in good condition according to police.
37.8 million Kidde fire extinguishers recalled; one death reported
The Consumer Product Safety Commission has recalled various makes and models of Kidde fire extinguishers with plastic handles. Note: This recall includes fire extinguisher models that were previously recalled in March 2009 and February 2015 .
Their conditions are not known. The victim, identified by the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office as Sauvignon Watkins, of the 1100-block of East 82nd Street, was a father of two.
It's not clear if the shooting happened inside the store. He said the deal might have occurred on Wilson Avenue east of Broadway Street.
The second man and the boy were also shot while the attacker was aiming at him, according to Buslik.
Kidde Recalls 38 Million Fire Extinguishers
To claim a replacement, check the brand name and model number of your fire extinguisher against the CPSC recall notice . When the company was overextended in 1987, Hanson Trust, a United Kingdom company, bought Kidde for $1.7 billion.
Buslik said police believe the wounded boy and man knew the dead man but did not elaborate on their relationship. The 12-year-old and the 24-year-old were waiting for Watkins in the Starbucks when the gunman, clad in a ski mask, opened fire, Buslisk said. "I grabbed my wife and kind of pushed her down and said, 'Shots!' Then there were three more, nearly within a few seconds", said Mike Swaiko, a witness.
Starbucks issued a statement Thursday night on the shooting.
Kendra Nance said she was walking by the coffee shop with her boyfriend when they heard gunshots.
Bills make last-second trade for Panthers receiver Kelvin Benjamin
His rookie season was his most productive as he posted just over 1,000 yards receiving on 73 receptions with nine touchdowns. The Panthers ultimately went to the Super Bowl that season, and could have used him against a tough Broncos defense.
No one has been taken into custody yet.
- London taxi jumps curb and hits pedestrians, prompting mass panic
- New Photos! Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Snuggled Up in LA
- Apple reports its Q4 earnings
- Broncos "Not Sure" Who Their Starting Quarterback Will Be
- 12-year old boy jumps off overpass, kills female driver below
- World of Warcraft Battle for Azeroth expansion announced
- Bitcoin Hits New Threshold as Its Price Breaks Record of $7000
- Elizabeth Warren admits the Democratic Party was rigged against Bernie Sanders
- BlizzCon 2017: StarCraft 2 is going free to play
- New Qualcomm lawsuit claims Apple shared confidential code with Intel