There have been 391 reports of failed activation, including one report of a fatality, 16 injuries including smoke inhalation and burns, as well as 91 reports of property damage.
The extinguishers may become clogged, which can cause the failure, according to a report from the Consumer Product Safety Commission (SPSC).
"In addition, the nozzle can detach with enough force to pose an impact hazard", Kidde said in a press release.
Judge 'orders arrest' of Catalonia's ousted leader Carles Puigdemont
A Spanish judge has jailed eight ousted Catalan ministers, after the region attempted to declare independence . Those 13 other officials were also scheduled to appear in court Thursday - nine did .
The CPSC says one person has died while trying to fight a fire with a faulty Kidde extinguisher.
The recall involves two styles of Kidde fire extinguishers: Plastic handle fire extinguishers and push-button Pindicator fire extinguishers. This includes models that were previously recalled in March 2009 and February 2015. Some commercial trucks, RVs and boats came with the fire extinguishers also.
The company issued the recall over a problem with plastic handles.
College Football Playoff National Championship coming to South Florida
The playoff, which started in 2014, will not have a stadium host a second national championship game until at least 2025. The bidding processes likely will return once the 10 in 10 cycle finishes.
To claim a replacement, check the brand name and model number of your fire extinguisher against the CPSC recall notice. Eastern time, Monday through Friday, or 9 a.m.to 3 p.m., Eastern time, Saturday or Sunday.
For units produced in 2007 and beyond, the date of manufacture is a 10-digit code printed on the side of the cylinder, near the bottom.
Kidde has announced it will replace defective extinguishers free with the new ones that are made with metal parts. Additional information may also be requested.
Nintendo Offers Link Green 2DS Bundle for Black Friday
Earlier this week, Nintendo stated that sales of 3DS hardware in all its iterations would soon hit 70 million units. A white-and-orange New Nintendo 2DS XL system at a suggested retail price of $149.99 (now available).
A listing of the affected model numbers can be found at the CPSC website. When the company was overextended in 1987, Hanson Trust, a United Kingdom company, bought Kidde for $1.7 billion.
- Apple reports its Q4 earnings
- Elizabeth Warren admits the Democratic Party was rigged against Bernie Sanders
- Spelunky 2 Announced at Paris Games Week
- At Least 5 Injured When Box Truck Driver Mows Down Pedestrians
- 12-year old boy jumps off overpass, kills female driver below
- 3 killed in Colorado Walmart shooting; police name suspect
- See the fake Facebook ads Russians ran on Clinton, guns, race, Christianity
- New Qualcomm lawsuit claims Apple shared confidential code with Intel
- Bills make last-second trade for Panthers receiver Kelvin Benjamin
- Jay Ajayi traded from Dolphins to Eagles, giving Philadelphia RB depth