The Daily Mail quoted the police saying that the boy landed on a Ford Escape and the impact incapacitated the vehicle's driver, Marisa Harris, 22, who died on the spot.
The state police confirmed in a statement that the "front-seat passenger" was "was not injured" as a result of the collision.
Australian court disqualifies deputy PM for dual citizenship
But potential votes on a banking royal commission and keeping Sunday penalty rates could yet prove a splintering headache for the Turnbull government.
The juvenile was transported to Fairfax Inova Hospital and is still being treated for life-threatening injuries. The incident is being investigated as an attempted suicide, according to police.
USA Today reports Harris was a graduate student at Marymount University, studying mental health counseling with a goal of helping children with depression. They said she had a gift for working with children with severe behavioral problems.
Harris was a Towson University graduate who was just finishing her first semester studying clinical counseling at Marymount University in Arlington, Virginia, her mother said.
Selena Gomez Gets Emotional Talking About Her Kidney Transplant On Today
Selena Gomez shared the details of her harrowing kidney transplant in an emotional interview Monday morning. And her pal Francia Raisa , who donated her kidney to save Gomez's life, was right there by her side.
"She was caring - I mean she had an absolute love for children", Leigh Miller, Harris' mother, said.
Harris' father Patrick Harris described his daughter as an outgoing person, who had a love for the outdoors.
Marisa Harris (left and right), 22, died when a 12-year-old boy threw himself off an overpass onto her auto in Virginia on Saturday.
YouTube TV finally gets a home on big screens
As of last month, YouTube TV is now available in all top 50 metro areas , covering two-thirds of the US , according to Google. However, until now, the company didn't release an app that would make YouTube TV available on television.
But as for why she died, Bruce said his emotions are a mix of fury and confusion. "She was awesome. I miss her so much".
- Three local hospitals keep A ratings
- Tony Podesta leaves lobbying firm amid Robert Mueller probe
- Puel, Vardy impressed with convincing defeat of Everton
- The US May Sanction Iran - But That Won't Stop Iran's Missile Program
- Broncos "Not Sure" Who Their Starting Quarterback Will Be
- Seth MacFarlane Joked About Kevin Spacey on 2005 Episode of 'Family Guy'
- Melvin Gordon breaks loose, but Patriots tame Chargers on the road
- MAN PS4 Game Teaser Sets the Webslinging Stage
- Spelunky 2 Announced at Paris Games Week
- Jay Ajayi traded from Dolphins to Eagles, giving Philadelphia RB depth