Agencies across the state are encouraging you to double check your medicine cabinets in light of National Prescription Take Back Day Saturday.
The Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs and the Pennsylvania State Police are participating in the 14th National Prescription Drug Take-Back Day.
In partnership with the Drug Enforcement Administration, troopers will collect expired and unused pills so they can be destroyed.
IPhone X sold out in just a few minutes
Japan's Nikkei newspaper reported earlier this week that iPhone X shipments may be only half what is expected this year . The company launched the iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus last month to cash in on the Diwali sale season.
Four out of five people who start using heroin start with inappropriate use of prescriptions.
The goal of the day is to get unused prescription drugs and pills off the streets and properly disposed of. Rates of prescription drug abuse in the US are alarmingly high, as are the number of accidental poisonings and overdoses due to these drugs, according to the release. Local police stations will have drug drop boxes will be available from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.
The DEA says the effort helps prevent prescription drugs from getting into the wrong hands, or into rivers and streams after improper disposal.
WhatsApp scraps Edit feature for changing sent messages
Some of these messages are sometimes sent in error to wrong recipient, which always causes embarrassment. The feature will work within 7 minutes of sending the message in any of the above-mentioned forms.
Sessions said that medicines forgotten in home medicine cabinets are increasingly subject to misuse and that rates of accidental poisonings and overdose by prescription medications are alarmingly high.
The police departments will accept unwanted prescription drugs year-round. Since the program began seven years ago, about 8.1 million pounds (more than 4,050 tons) of drugs have been collected nationwide.
Last April, Americans turned in more than 900,000 pounds of prescription drugs.
Singapore Passport Most Powerful, Valuable in 2017
MANILA- For Filipinos dreaming of traveling the world, fulfilling that desire may be a bit hard with a Philippine passport. This comparatively low number has contributed to the low ranking for the Indian passport.
- Paul Newman's Rolex auctioned for $17.8 million
- Xbox Live Games With Gold for November 2017
- Samsung announces new Galaxy Tab A, available November 1 for $229
- Rio Ferdinand explains the 'problem' Jose Mourinho has at Manchester United
- 8 feared dead after helicopter crashes into sea
- National Park Service Considers Fee Increases For Some Parks
- Plague in Madagascar: 124 people died, more than a thousand infected
- Starbucks introduces zombie frappuccino for Halloween
- Microsoft passes $80 per share in after-hours trading after blow-out quarter
- Alphabet (GOOG) third quarter beats estimates