According to Forbes, the fortune of Amazon's founder reached some $90.6 billion, compared with the $90.1 billion that the online edition of the magazine attributes to Gates. However, Gates' Microsoft stock also jumped 7%, which kept him on top of Bezos.
At the end of trading on Thursday, Gates occupied the top spot in the Bloomberg Billionaires Index, with a net worth of $88 billion.
Harry Kane stat proves Jamie Redknapp wrong about Tottenham Hotspur doubts
The last time they did not lose away against United in the Premier League was on January 1, 2014, when they claimed a 2-1 victory. "I think Jose Mourinho and the fans would take that and forget about producing an entertaining performance".
Amazon is behind Microsoft, and ranks as the world's fourth biggest company by market capitalization, however, with $528 billion as of1630 GMT. He would be worth about US$150 billion if he hadn't made the donations.
At the close of United States markets on Friday, Mr Bezos had a net worth of US$93.8 billion, US$5.1 billion ahead of Mr Gates on the Bloomberg index, a daily ranking of the world's 500 richest people. Gates owned 103 million shares as of September, according to FactSet.
Saturday is Drug Take Back Day
Since the program began seven years ago, about 8.1 million pounds ( more than 4,050 tons) of drugs have been collected nationwide. In partnership with the Drug Enforcement Administration, troopers will collect expired and unused pills so they can be destroyed.
Bezos, 53, topped the list July 27 before losing it hours later to Microsoft co-founder and CEO Bill Gates.
According to both Forbes and Bloomberg, Amazon stock opened up more than 8% higher Friday morning than Thursday's close, adding almost $7 billion to Bezos' net worth.
On Strong Earnings, Amazon And Whole Foods Face Culture Clash
Shares of Amazon .com ( NASDAQ: AMZN ) soared in Friday's trading session, boosted by a great third-quarter earnings report . In the fourth quarter of 2016, Amazon had $43.7 billion worth of sales, meaning that it expects an increase of 28% to 38%.
Bezos first joined the Forbes 400 in 1998, one year after Amazon went public, with a net worth of $1.6bn. Bezos has said he wants to give more money to charity.
- AJ Hinch denies report of involvement in hotel bar altercation
- Plague in Madagascar: 124 people died, more than a thousand infected
- Texans owner meets with players after 'inmates' comment
- Samsung announces new Galaxy Tab A, available November 1 for $229
- Twitter slightly beats on earnings, grows daily users by 14%
- 8 feared dead after helicopter crashes into sea
- Starbucks introduces zombie frappuccino for Halloween
- IPhone X sold out in just a few minutes
- Microsoft passes $80 per share in after-hours trading after blow-out quarter
- WhatsApp scraps Edit feature for changing sent messages