Joe Girardi is out as manager of the New York Yankees after 10 years. We asked ESPN.com's Brad Doolittle, Red Sox reporter Scott Lauber and Yankees reporter Andrew Marchand to weigh in on what the future holds in the Bronx.
Girardi guided a youthful Yankees core to this year's American League Championship Series, but there had been growing chatter that a change might be coming both before and at various points during that impressive postseason run.
The question now turns to who will manage the Yankees in 2018. Everything this organisation does is done with careful and thorough consideration, and we've made a decision to pursue alternatives for the managerial position. "He should take great pride in our accomplishments during his tenure".
What the Tech? Amazon home delivery
And it could also facilitate a variety of other uses, such as allowing access for guests, cleaning services, or dog walkers. Yes, there is security footage capturing it, and both Amazon and the delivery company have a record of who that person is.
After the news broke, general manager Brian Cashman released a statement in which he thanked Girardi for his years of service to the team.
"I would like to thank the players for the relationships that we have fostered over the last 10 years but most important, how hard they played every day", Girardi said.
Girardi compiled a 910-710 record while at the helm of one of baseball's most storied franchises and his win total ranks sixth in Yankees history.
Brother of Vegas gunman arrested for child porn
After the attack, Bruce Paddock told NBC News he was questioned about the shooting twice by the Federal Bureau of Investigation . No one knew of his whereabouts after he was evicted from the shop in 2014, but police have been looking for him since.
A former All-Star catcher for the Yankees, Girardi was at the end of his contract and said last weekend he had to speak with his family before deciding whether he wanted to return.
"I love what I do", he said. It's not just what you want out of life. So I'll sit down, talk to my wife and kids and see where they're at and what they're thinking.
Andrew Marchand: Internally, Rob Thomson could be the choice.
New York Bans Vaping Anywhere Cigarettes Are Prohibited
NY has banned electronic cigarette use in restaurants, bars and any other places where smoking tobacco products is prohibited. The measure received unanimous support in the state Senate and passed the Assembly by a 100-44 vote.
- Local rotary club celebrates 'World Polio Day' by spreading awareness
- Android Oreo 8.0 Rolling Out To Sony Xperia XZ Premium
- Colin Kaepernick has reportedly agreed to a book deal worth $1 million
- Injustice 2 Coming to PC
- Swansea 0-2 Manchester United: Lingard lights up the Liberty
- Microsoft passes $80 per share in after-hours trading after blow-out quarter
- House Committee Launches Investigation Into US, Russia Uranium Deal Struck Under Obama
- Body Found in Wooded Area Confirmed to be Missing Woman Theresa Lockhart
- Former FBI chief James Comey reveals his secret Twitter account
- Under mega recapitalisation, banks to get ₹2.11 lakh crores from government